So little cycling so far this year...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
End of March last year I did a duathlon, started out 6c and finished in 20c sunshine baked in sweat. Next weekend it looks like a start at 6c and finish at 6c with some rain and 18mph winds. Last week it was either snow or ice every morning, clearing up during the day. :sad:. I'm pig sick.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Fewer miles here too so far this year. Only 600 miles or so to date. Mostly because my commuting miles are down as they have crammed twice as many staff into an office half as big as the old one, so it's all that hot desking nonsense. Sometimes no desks available at all. Plus the fact that it's so noisy I gat barely anything done, so a lot more working from home for me. They're a right bunch of humourless bar stewards anyway so it suits me fine!

The really bad weather always seems to miss us here so I can't say the cold has stopped me from any liesure rides, and I quite enjoy cycling in the snow- although we've barely had any here this winter. (So far!)

Brandane

Legendary Member
Mileage well down on last year too. This cycling thing will never catch on in this country; if us semi committed folks are struggling because of the weather, then I don't see the McDonalds munchers getting on a bike any time soon :whistle:.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Only a stinking cold has stopped me from riding this year week. I'm ahead of target and last year's mileage at this time of year. I've got in a hundred miles worth of riding in sleet and snow and have a 100km Audax and a TNRttC to see the month out.

I'm going to start evening pootles now that it's getting lighter.

I'm happy with my progress this year.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Averaging 85 miles a week so far and almost all of it more than 500ft above sea level. Out tomorrow, forecast max is +3 degrees, 20mph wind

Cold is a state of mind

gavgav

Guru
Me as well. Done the grand sum of 33 miles so far this year, which is dire. Off to the Lake District next week and was hoping to get some cycling in, but the weather is looking decidedly dodgy and so can't see us getting much in at the moment :cold:

Monsieur

Grand total so far this year is an embarrasingly paltry 10 miles :rolleyes:

I'd planned a target of 1500 mi9les for 2013 but that's now an unachievable 190 miles per month :angry:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 2367133, member: 9609"]
bike-in-snow-jpg.18093.jpg

hmm.[/quote]
Hey, that's my photo. In fact, that's where I lost my mojo.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
So far this year I have only managed a mere 175 miles. A combination of the weather and work have scuppered most of my plans so far. I have a 115KM randonee in a couple of weeks time to look forward to.

Managed about 200 miles on the road so far this year, if it doesn't improve soon prep for LEL is going to be severely lacking :sad:

gbb

Legendary Member
Same here, but finished work 40 minutes early, made the most of it being 4.5 C here with light wind and did a quick hour round town.
Wouldnt dare estimate how many miles ive done since christmas :blush:
Is anyone else suf fering with winter viruses etc ?. STILL got a hacking cough (albeit a bit better lately), coughed that much ive got a sore muscle or something under my ribcage, thats been there for a month maybe...bloody hell.
Anyway, first decent glimpse of anything remotely resembling decent weather, got out there, took it steady and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Aim for the same Fnaar :thumbsup:

Top Bottom