So many chatty cyclists today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Although I didn't venture far today I met a good half dozen other cyclists en route.
Stopped for a chat with one chap on the bridge, discussing the plans to redevelop the route and make it more cycle friendly, then we shared other good routes to try.
As we were talking four other cyclists passed us separately, which is practically unheard of.
I then bumped into three older guys on the next bridge over the river who very kindly invited me to join them on a ride out to the pub. I kind of wished I could've accepted, they looked like fun!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Nope I only saw one cyclist today. Didn't even speak to me just overtook me and then, more annoyingly, turned off as I was about to pass him.

Herr-B

I rarely see anyone when I cycle in to work, but there is always one woman I pass (in the opposite direction) as I go home. On my hybrid she barely looked at me, now, on my supah-dupah road bike she raises a smile and a slight nod. I call that progress. Today is my first day in lycra shorts (don't ever try on in a changing room with a three-year-old!) so goodness knows what her reaction will be tonight.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Slummed it today and had water!! The bun was a nice hot cross bun from Waitrose wrapped in cling film and squashed into my back pocket.....not particularly gourmet , hence I allowed myself a few marmalade sandwiches and :cuppa: when I got back.

Hertford has a Starbucks, Cafe Nero and Cafe Rouge but I think they are quite expensive for what you get...so I've started bringing my own.
Mmmmm, marmalade sandwiches. I have lime marmalade!:hungry:

Arch and I try to go out on Saturday mornings to 'treat ourselves' to a coffee and cake at Nero's when we are in York. Over here we pop into the town centre and there is one of those three wheel vans that serve coffee out the back. We go there and sit watching the world go by as we drink and chat.

It is nice and reminds me of when I first moved into my house here I would go to the Trafford Centre on Sunday mornings to buy a coffee, and the Sunday papers, and sit and read while the cleaners finished up and the shops prepared to open. When the shops rolled the shutters up, I went home and left the madness to carry on without me.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Anyway, it has been lovely talking to you, Rocky, but I must get on. I have to sew some handles onto some shopping bags.

See you again sometime.:hello:

Slummed it today and had water!! The bun was a nice hot cross bun from Waitrose wrapped in cling film and squashed into my back pocket.....not particularly gourmet , hence I allowed myself a few marmalade sandwiches and :cuppa: when I got back.

Hertford has a Starbucks, Cafe Nero and Cafe Rouge but I think they are quite expensive for what you get...so I've started bringing my own.

When you're in Hertford, forget about the cloned coffee shops and visit Serendipity Foods, it's independent, cheaper and better.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Arch and I try to go out on Saturday mornings to 'treat ourselves' to a coffee and cake at Nero's when we are in York. Over here we pop into the town centre and there is one of those three wheel vans that serve coffee out the back. We go there and sit watching the world go by as we drink and chat.

We're lucky that York now has so many coffee shops, that this one particular Nero often has comfy seats in the window empty and not a great pressure to drink up and vacate. We make one coffee and a bit of cake last for ages, watching the people in the square outside, and sometimes a busker, while we set the world to rights, and make plans, for the day, the weekend, the rest of our lives.

:wub:

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Obviously all the cyclists were out chatting to me, leaving your roads empty.
It is unusual for me to see so many - and for them to speak to me.

Top Bottom