So Many Choices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluelybell

Hello to everyone,

Hope you are having a good weekend.

I was hoping for some footwear and potentially trike hardware advice.

I don't ride very often, I did this morning, first time this year (paying for it now though :cry:) currently I only have ordinary pedals on my trike and i wear trainers, though i wore hiking boots today but I am finding that my feet slip around on the pedals and fall off the pedals, so I am not getting a consistent foot position which makes the pushing harder.

I'm not sure what my options are but anticipate it might include new footwear and potentially new pedals.

Hope you can help.

vickster

Legendary Member
Can you get some toeclips? Something like these? Use with existing pedals and shoes potentially

http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product...Pedal Spares&gclid=CIXno4_-3cwCFfYy0wod31YGKQ

OP
OP
B

Bluelybell

Thanks for the reply

Yes possibly, I was thinking along the lines of toe clips of some variety as i have friends with them but no idea of the options and didnt want to choose something then find i had wasted money.

what sort of shoes would I need as ii'm guessing trainers are not ideal?

If you want to clip in, I'd suggest Shimano M324 pedals. The are normal pedals on one side, so you can still use trainers, or clip in to the other side. They come with SPD cleats, so you can get any SPD compatible shoes and attach the cleats to them. Most SPD shoes are quite easy to walk in, and a lot of them look like trainers.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/womens-1/cycle/mtb/cycling-shoes/

Edit: or if you don't want to clip in, I've heard good things about power grips.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the reply

Yes possibly, I was thinking along the lines of toe clips of some variety as i have friends with them but no idea of the options and didnt want to choose something then find i had wasted money.

what sort of shoes would I need as ii'm guessing trainers are not ideal?
Something with a firm sole better, like a walking shoe

OP
OP
B

Bluelybell

Hi Guys,

Thanks to you all for your advice, fitted the strapless toe clips this morning (and new pedals, had to get some metal pedals as the trike had plastic ones as standard and they didn't have anyway of fitting the toe clips) and had a quick ride. Wow the difference! really pleased, though havent ridden far so dont know the effect on a longer distance but so far so good.
:becool::laugh::bicycle:

So thank you guys.

Bluelybell

Top Bottom