So..... Merida?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matthat

Über Member
Hi, I've got a Merida and like OP i was a bit dubious about purchasing it but seeing as my LBS had just changed from being a gary fisher dealer to merida I thought i'd risk it. He explained about them being one of biggest manufacturers in world and also i trust him as he's well renowned in the area and generally it his livelihood he's risking by supplying them. I got mine through c2w scheme and i had a budget to goto per month but i was between two in the end and sadly the name sold it to me MATTS Merida.
I've had it 3 yrs now and have used it as a commuter bike and spare bike on and off but generally its my tracks and trails ride bike for the weekend and i use hybrid in week. Yes admittedly the parts are not the best available but for my budget it does me. So its a yes from me!! :thumbsup:
mtb.jpg

OP
OP
Hobbio

Hobbio

That's a great endorsement mate, thanks :smile:

Hopefully the cash will be in place soon *crosses fingers*

OP
OP
Hobbio

Hobbio

I'll deffo post a couple of pics when I get it :smile:

The money I was expecting last week should be here this week, so hopefully I can get it ordered tomorrow or Wednesday. That means that I should have it ready for next week, when I'm off work!

Cubist

Still wavin'
I decided it's time Cubette got back on the bike, and she'll come to Philips Park with us at the weekend, so I've just serviced her Merida. It's now had the brakes bled (nice Shimano Deore), I've serviced the Deore hubs and given it some Ralphs/Nics to play on, and I've given it a 711mm riser bar. I've just taken it round the block and it shifts very sweetly, it feels absolutely fantastic handling wise with the wide bars, and the Tora fork is very plush for a coil. I've greased the DMR V8 pedals and it's readt yo rumble. If she gets back into it I'll swap the crankset for a Deore.... it weighs 13.6kg with the pedals, so there's a bit of shedding to do but for the moment it's great!

I reckon you'll like your Merida!

OP
OP
Hobbio

Hobbio

Cool! I've ridden a bike precisely once in that last 10 years, and that was a shed with 18 gears, not one of which engaged properly. The lowish end standard kit on this will feel a million miles better than anything I've ever experienced, but the frame is exactly the same as their £1300 range topper so if I get the urge to improve it I won't be polishing a turd.

I can't wait to get on it :smile:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Bet you went to bed early so Sat would come round even quicker.......

We're off to Philips Park tomorrow to try and get Cubette back into MTBing, and I can't wait to take her Merida for a spin. It feels awesome with the wide bars and short stem!

OP
OP
Hobbio

Hobbio

I'm going to get it on some local stuff first, and then over to Cannock Chase once I've had some practice.

I've already ordered a Madison Flux saddle, can't be done with the standard one :biggrin:

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Good stuff. Try and make it a dry day, Off road in the wet can be scary for the most experienced rider......Good luck and let us all know how you get on in the future

Top Bottom