SO said I should get a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Just like that, outta the blue. We were talking about stuff we might buy this year and she came out with it "you should get a new bike".

Does she know that I just bought a new bike? Does she know I'm looking for another one? Does she know I fancy upgrading various components on my current bike? Is she screwing with my head?

I reckon I could get away with buying two new bikes! I could say one is the one I was already looking to get and the third one is the one she said I should get. I'm getting some freaky ideas here....

JhnBssll

Veteran
Sounds like a trap to me :laugh:

mgs315

Hah I’m doing the reverse with my SO. As we plan to do up the house and have the wedding to pay for this year I’m trying to get her to splurge on the odd designer dress so I can get away with spending ~£1800 on a new bike! Alas she’s very attentive and will know if I’ve bought a newer better one on the sly.

For now I’m just buying clothing/bike computers/ant+ accessories for said computer as small going concerns that she won’t really care for. Then again she buys new shoes often so we call it quits.

Colin_P

Guru
It is the persmission / forgiveness quotient that normally comes into play.

But I fear there are darker forces at work here.

But if there aren't buy whatever you want whenever you want it right off the bat. She probably won't even notice just like you won't notice those shoes / top (whatever) she has "had for ages"...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
You will wake up in a minute and find it has all just been a dream :laugh:

And hopefully it wasn't raining

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
LaJ9Kmo.gif

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Does she know that I just bought a new bike? Does she know I'm looking for another one? Does she know I fancy upgrading various components on my current bike? Is she screwing with my head?

Hah I’m doing the reverse with my SO. As we plan to do up the house and have the wedding to pay for this year I’m trying to get her to splurge on the odd designer dress so I can get away with spending ~£1800 on a new bike! Alas she’s very attentive and will know if I’ve bought a newer better one on the sly.

For now I’m just buying clothing/bike computers/ant+ accessories for said computer as small going concerns that she won’t really care for. Then again she buys new shoes often so we call it quits.
Joking aside, these posts are just so sad.
Mustang, you bought a new bike and haven't even discussed this with your partner?

MGS, you are getting married and renovating your house yet you are scheming to get your fiancé to spend large amounts of money so you can treat yourself? Good luck with that marriage!

mgs315

MGS, you are getting married and renovating your house yet you are scheming to get your fiancé to spend large amounts of money so you can treat yourself? Good luck with that marriage!

Relax it’s all in jest. The relationship is perfectly healthy thanks.

byegad

Legendary Member
I'm a railway modeller as well as a cyclist. While buying a new bike always meant telling Lady Byegad, a new locomotive and 8 coaches can be sneaked in under the marital radar.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
Joking aside, these posts are just so sad.
Mustang, you bought a new bike and haven't even discussed this with your partner?

I have bought a computer, a bike, an airpump, clothes, shoes, underpants, many other items. These are my personal items. No one else uses them. Why would I need to discuss this with my SO?

My SO was merely making a suggestion that I should get a bike just like she makes suggestions that I should get a new shirt or whatever.

:okay:

Top Bottom