So so stupid!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcard

Veteran
If someone in a car cuts you up, he's a motorist and no-one can claim he's not. Same rule applies to someone on a boke.

You see a man and his boy kicking a ball about in the park, you wouldn't call them football players. You call them two people kicking a ball about.

al78

Guru
You see a man and his boy kicking a ball about in the park, you wouldn't call them football players. You call them two people kicking a ball about.

Kicking a ball about is not football, there would have to be a few other criteria to be satisfied to call them football players. The only criteria to class someone as a cyclist is that they are riding a bike.

redcard

Veteran
Kicking a ball about is not football, there would have to be a few other criteria to be satisfied to call them football players. The only criteria to class someone as a cyclist is that they are riding a bike.

Who is determining this criteria? It all seems rather arbitery to me. Are we just making up definitions as we go along?

Edwards80

Über Member

Davidc

Guru
He's a cyclist, but other adjectives are relevant too: Tosser, idiot, antisocial peanut, etc. etc.

There are motorists to whom the same set of adjectives apply.

Difference is though, the cyclist is more likely to die as a result. If I'm watching at the time I'll be quite prepared to give evidence in defence of the driver who flattens him.

Top Bottom