So There I Was, Clearing Out The Loft...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
...when I came across these :smile:

unnamed.jpg

Found the battery charger too :okay::okay::okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Fighter Buggy!!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'll raise you a Tanya F1.

IMG_20180521_130627.jpg

IMG_20180521_130605.jpg

Had it ages, insanely fast but has to run on absolutely level surface due to tiny clearance.

Also had the seventies Toyota Hi Lux with 4wd remote which I found out are sought after, sold it for more than £500 so its worth checking your loft!

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
I struggle to let mine go...A Traxxas nitro awd truck. It hasn't run in maybe 10 years, still cluttering up a shelf in the cupboard. Cost £500...worth peanuts really as a non runner. I really should spend a bit of time on it and get it going again....I keep telling myself that every time I look at it :laugh:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
My pride & joy... :wub:

1507-buggy-hpi-baja-5b.jpg

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I struggle to let mine go...A Traxxas nitro awd truck. It hasn't run in maybe 10 years, still cluttering up a shelf in the cupboard. Cost £500...worth peanuts really as a non runner. I really should spend a bit of time on it and get it going again....I keep telling myself that every time I look at it :laugh:

I'm in a similar situation with a Losi 8ightT 2.0 nitro truggy I bought, it's been in the garage for years. One day I'll fix it up - it's on my list of projects along with getting my old Brompton frame fixed up...

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'll raise you a Tanya F1.

View attachment 410324

View attachment 410325

Had it ages, insanely fast but has to run on absolutely level surface due to tiny clearance.

Also had the seventies Toyota Hi Lux with 4wd remote which I found out are sought after, sold it for more than £500 so its worth checking your loft!
I had a Porche group C bodyshell on either the same or a very similar chasis. Same problem as you, low ground clearance needed a flat surface and a clean one too as the exposed drive gear protruded below the floorpan and would pick up bits of grit and jam.

My all time favourite was this one I built in the mid eighties, 1/12 Tom's Toyota. Wickedly fast and fun to drive. They've reintroduced them now and I do fancy one again.

toyots.jpg

Top Bottom