So There I Was, Clearing Out The Loft...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

southcoast

Über Member
I’ll raise you one vintage racing Tamiya Nissan King Cab. Fully ballraced with esc.

upload_2018-5-21_16-40-24.jpeg

classic33

Leg End Member
I can't remember exactly, but I think it may be Tamiya.

I'll try charging the battery tonight as it's been dead for a few years. Otherwise off to Modelsport for a new one.
And charger.

Otherwise if you want a slow charger.....

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I can't remember exactly, but I think it may be Tamiya.

I'll try charging the battery tonight as it's been dead for a few years. Otherwise off to Modelsport for a new one.
Those old nicads don't fare too well over time so I think you'll need a new one. Can't you run them with lipos now?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Those old nicads don't fare too well over time so I think you'll need a new one. Can't you run them with lipos now?

The more 'modern' NiMh cells are pretty good. I use 3700 mAh sub-C stick packs which give a good 15 minutes of run time on the trucks/buggies. Nowadays 2S lipo is the norm, but you need an ESC with the correct cut-off voltage or they tend to puff up and no longer be useful...

Levo-Lon

Guru
I had such a great Scalextric, large suitcase full of track.
Loads of cars..i gave it away about 30 years ago..i'd think it would be worth loads now :banghead:

And i also have a very large games room now too:banghead::banghead: :laugh::banghead:

I have a Jaguar XJR-9LM in Silk Cut livery. :blush:

Picked it up on a boot sale for a fiver about 20 years ago, still in mint condition, box and all. Reckon the lady selling it didn't really know what it was - I didn't even haggle LOL.

It works, but I don't run it as I'm ghastly at controlling these sorts of things. I'm the Pastor Maldonado of remote control cars. :laugh:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 5251590, member: 45"]You probably wouldn't be disappointed when the ebay auction ends.[/QUOTE]
I probably would be.

They can fetch a lot of the packaging is perfect, the track is perfect, the cars and controllers are perfect... ie. if it's never really been played with. Toy collectors aren't interested in shabby chic.

Top Bottom