So, this cafe...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I suppose I'd have to hark back to my SCUBA diving days at a certain quarry in Wales which (sadly) took a good too many lives and was closed to access some years back...

The way home took in a smashing little place called Pete's Eats which was a small cafe type place with piccies of climbing, mountain biking and other wholesome outdoor pursuits (no photos of dogging as far I can remember) etc.

They did the best (and biggest) chip barms (butty/cob/sarnie or whatever your local dialect says for it) in the world - had some marvellous times in there putting the world to rights.

They've even gone all up-to-date (ish) too with their own website... looking a little bit corporate now though me thinks...

http://www.petes-eats.co.uk/index.asp

Cycle rack in the back garden. Real coffee made with ground beans. Decent cakes including coffee cake without walnuts. Baked spuds. Cold drinks. Nice view from the window. Proprietor is also a cyclist and never once makes remarks about mud or Lycra. No toddlers in high chairs- ever.

Not sure where it is, but I like the sound of it.

longers

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I suppose I'd have to hark back to my SCUBA diving days at a certain quarry in Wales which (sadly) took a good too many lives and was closed to access some years back...

OT - sorry but this is what happens when folk get talking in a nice cafe eh?

Have you tried Jackdaw Quarry in North Lancs (near Over Kellet)?
This was our playground as kids. We could cycle up there and have the whole summer jumping off the cliffs and lazing and talking to girls and swimming.

They've now sunk a huge range of helicopters, boats and cars (to go with the ones already down there). I believe it's very good for the diving malarkey.
If you do go - marvel at the enormous heights we'd leap from.
We even saw Bowsers dobermann follow him off the 65 (only about 45 foot though).:biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Intelligenthamster said:
Cycle rack in the back garden. Real coffee made with ground beans. Decent cakes including coffee cake without walnuts. Baked spuds. Cold drinks. Nice view from the window. Proprietor is also a cyclist and never once makes remarks about mud or Lycra. No toddlers in high chairs- ever.
Not sure where it is, but I like the sound of it.

Oh! I was looking forward to bringing my neice-phew (don't know which it is yet) along in a couple of years. It'll be very well behaved, I promise...

Agree on the coffee cake though. They can garnish it with whole walnuts on top of the icing, if they like, and I'll pick mine off and give it to someone who likes them...

Oh, and yes, Sharkybloke, chip butties. Really fat, but light chips - not too greasy, but coated in the butter in the roll. Mmmmm. With the option of added cheese....

Damn, I'm hungry now!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
spen666 said:
:thumbsup::?::thumbsup::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Yeah yeah, OK, a real virtual cafe...

When I first posted it, I was reacting to the area being called 'cyclechat cafe' not 'cakestop' and also to the fact that a fair few people arrived and said 'hello, and mine's a tea', just as if they were piling into a real cafe. Given the circumstances of the move, it felt homely and real...

Top Bottom