So this is were you all went then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well! I hadn't been on C+ for a bit and then I went back and it was BR and being a bit slow on the uptake it took me a while to a) find my way around and :biggrin: figure that a lot of the regular posters I remebered had disappeared.

Finally someone on BR asked the question that was forming slowly in my mind and I discovered you'd all migrated over here. Well I read a bit and then thought it would be rude to just lurk and not post anything - so I joined - not without hiccup as my registraion confirmation got dumped in my junk mail without me noticing, so I thought perhaps I was being vetted by the membership - visions of 'anyone remeber this guy?'. 'Check his posts on BR and see if he's worthy' until it finally occured to me that I'd turned the junk filter up to 'extremely aggressive' after the last dead cert share offer I got.

So: I don't post a lot, don't always make sense, ain't always quick on the uptake and my humour is not as sharp and acerbic as I'd like it to be but I do enjoy reading the banter on here (sorry I will occasionally slip back to BR as well .... is that OK?).

I see also that certain members who used to take a ribbing on C+ are here as well: Don't they ban people on this site then? In fact this site is something of a mystery. Are there no sponsors or ulterior motives lurking anywhere?

Anyway don't mind me, now I've made my introductions I shall slip back to lurking in the background, chuckling and taking advantage of others cleverness........

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Crackle said:
don't always make sense, ain't always quick on the uptake and my humour is not as sharp and acerbic as I'd like it to be ......

Well that makes two of us. :biggrin: Doesn't stop me tho does it.:biggrin: <whispers> That's why I'm incognito :biggrin: <whispers>

So Welcome and post away:becool:

papercorn2000

We're still missing a few C+ stalwarts but, the more of them make their way over here, the better.

And I haven't seen anyone get banned yet. Yet to see any ban-worthy comments really.

yenrod

Me too Crack' - but yuh never know someone may follow up a viewpoint I click to post :biggrin: and......

BTW - If a Patrick Stevens offers you a part in a film - think twice !

Crackle said:
Well! I hadn't been on C+ for a bit and then I went back and it was BR and being a bit slow on the uptake it took me a while to a) find my way around and :biggrin: figure that a lot of the regular posters I remebered had disappeared.

Finally someone on BR asked the question that was forming slowly in my mind and I discovered you'd all migrated over here. Well I read a bit and then thought it would be rude to just lurk and not post anything - so I joined - not without hiccup as my registraion confirmation got dumped in my junk mail without me noticing, so I thought perhaps I was being vetted by the membership - visions of 'anyone remeber this guy?'. 'Check his posts on BR and see if he's worthy' until it finally occured to me that I'd turned the junk filter up to 'extremely aggressive' after the last dead cert share offer I got.

So: I don't post a lot, don't always make sense, ain't always quick on the uptake and my humour is not as sharp and acerbic as I'd like it to be but I do enjoy reading the banter on here (sorry I will occasionally slip back to BR as well .... is that OK?).

I see also that certain members who used to take a ribbing on C+ are here as well: Don't they ban people on this site then? In fact this site is something of a mystery. Are there no sponsors or ulterior motives lurking anywhere?

Anyway don't mind me, now I've made my introductions I shall slip back to lurking in the background, chuckling and taking advantage of others cleverness........

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Crackle said:
Does he not make very good films then :biggrin:

They tend to be low budget <Ahem> adult type movies, usually on a Welsh type theme, i.e. Are you allergic to wool ?

frog

Welcome aboard Crackle!:biggrin:

perhaps I was being vetted by the membership - visions of 'anyone remeber this guy?'. 'Check his posts on BR and see if he's worthy'

Naah! it ain't like that 'ere! Generally, if you have a pulse then you're wothy :biggrin:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Elmer Fudd said:
They tend to be low budget <Ahem> adult type movies, usually on a Welsh type theme, i.e. Are you allergic to wool ?

Oh I see! The kind were the cast bleat about the low pay, do grass and just generally chew the cud; I understand. If asked I shall politely decline then.

Arch

Married to Night Train
:smile:Welcome!

We're a pretty inclusive lot here - we try to keep the place nice, although we've had the odd spat. Admin runs the site for his own (and our) amusement, hence no ads etc.

And we're not exclusive either - lots of folk still visit BR (not me, but I waste enough time here...). Anyway, pull up a comfy chair, have a virtual cuppa and a flapjack, and settle in...

domtyler

Über Member
Welcome home Crackle, I think I remember you, did you post in Commuting quite a bit at one time?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Not commuting, don't do any at the moment but here and there in know how and stuff. I got back into cycling a bit more seriously this year after ten years of not doing very much cycling (had a mtn bike for that period) and bought myself a new road bike. So around Feb. this year I was asking a lot of questions before I bought the bike - I think you answered some, things have moved on so much in 10 years. I love STI's my last road bike had friction downshift levers!

barq

Hello Crackle! :biggrin:

Good to have you join us. And I'm glad you found your registration email in the end. Like Arch says, this forum isn't exclusive lots of us dip into other places, ACF, BR, and the various MTB forums.

Top Bottom