1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what really happened to Cavendish?

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Steve Austin, 8 Jul 2007.

1. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Was it you?

Its a bit sketchy from the pix, but he seems to have fallen and then started shouted at someone.

any more?

2. yenrod

yenrod Guest

All I seen were 2 blokes from the crowd trying to fix the bike !

3. chris42

chris42 New Member

he says hit by spectator?

4. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

I think he felt abandoned by his team. They probably thought pacing him back was a lost cause so close to the finish, but it worked for McEwan.

5. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I thought he hit a spectator then had a puncture. He's no Robbie McEwen and his team decided to try to get Eisel into the mix. Eisel said before the race the team were concentrating on getting Cavendish up there, so I don't think he can have too many grumbles (othet than with the spectator)

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

No doubt he was hoping to do well and could see that his chance was lost. The anger was probably coupled with frustration and disappointment!!!!!!!

7. Unfortunately, when he's looking stressed and angry, he reminds me a lot of Wayne Rooney.

And that's not a good thing :blush:

Milzy likes this.
  8. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

And about as articulate. Maybe if they promised him a good granny bashing after the race he might win a stage... :?:

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

It seems he hit the back wheel of Boonen and lost the spokes from his own front wheel!!!!!!!

10. giant man

giant man New Member

I think he's young and he needs to grow up some. His confident but arrogant attitude won't get him anywhere in the peloton.

11. turbo tim

turbo tim New Member

This is whatDavid Millar had to say in his race diary:

From: http://www.bicycling.com/tourdefrance/article/0,6802,s1-7-123-16245-1,00.html

Milzy likes this.
  12. chris42

chris42 New Member

fantastic!

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Unbelievable, but it gives an interesting insight in what happens during the races and the talking between the riders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Great insight, I agree!

I thought Cavendish's post-stage interview the other day was a bit off, slating his team given that this is his first shot. But you can't argue with his results so far this season mind you.

15. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member