So what's this sporty machine ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm looking for a bit of steerage on what these forks and frame are. It looks a bit like a daring Carlton, or perhaps a Sun, perhaps a Rotrax, or....
It has a serial number: 57214 - and just those digits, no letters, also has "Nervex" on the bottom bracket.
- See pics in next entry - (apologies for taking up so much space !)

Last edited:
You have our permission to take up more space and post the pictures.

DSCF4063.JPG
DSCF4065.JPG
DSCF4067.JPG
DSCF4069.JPG
DSCF4071.JPG
DSCF4072.JPG
DSCF4073.JPG
DSCF4076.JPG

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Wrong wraparound for a Flyer and wrong ends so unlikely to be a Carlton unless it's earlier than I am thinking... No drllings or mudguard eyes either so track bike for the track or grass. Very nice :smile:

Gillott?

Last edited:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Very nice, ^_^

Yes that Gillott does have the same look about it - it could be described as being a bit 'brutal' - hard lines and angles - not in the same mould as the carltons etc of the 60's - that's a great inventory of bikes on the Hillary Stone site - quite a few that you'd never see ordinarily, - particularly down here in the antipodes !

woodbutcher

Veteran
I have looked right through Hillary Stone's site, and think I have been pretty lucky to find a double for the frame I have - " Merlin Track Frame 1950's Nervex Pro Lugs" at http://www.hilarystone.com/frameset14.html - what a lucky find, - thanks again Woodbutcher ! - Every detail that can be seen , is a match. !
Very happy to have been a bit of help...good luck with the build (why not send hillarystone a few photos of your frame, they may have more info for you) !

Good suggestion re Hilary Stone - I am awaiting a possible reply, but I imagine he's flat out with his own flock of bikes to respond to many requests. A couple of further clues - underneath the bottom bracket stamped in a line facing 'forward and aft' is - 195145 - ( just digits, no letters, and the stamping of the letters is a bit 'jiggled' - like something I might have done in school metalwork, aged 11) . I have looked inside the stem of the frame and seen that the headbadge was mounted with horizontal holes. (no headbadge there now, obviously.) - So still something of a puzzle. Cheers

Attachments

• DSCF4109.JPG
    DSCF4109.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF4105.JPG
    DSCF4105.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom