So who’s the best band?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
After Paul McCartney said the Stones are just a “ blues cover band” Roger Daltry (age 77) has now claimed the Jagger fronted line up are a “ mediocre pub band” and if you heard their music coming out of a pub you’d think thats “a mediocre pub band”.
So, what do you think? Is that true or did the contemporary bands of that era like Pink Floyd, The Animals, Led Zeppelin have more to offer musically?

Brandane

Legendary Member
They were all good. Some Stones songs were better than some Who songs, some Beatles songs were better than some Stones songs, and vice versa.
My dark horse band from the 70's was The Motors, a great mix of rock, mod, and punk.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've lived through the most fantastic musical era. So very many fantastic bands I couldn't pick a favourite or best but while acknowledge the Beatles genius there are others I would put higher up my list.

As for McCartney the harsh reality is he's done little of real note since the Beatles broke up.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
In no particular order, Sabbath, Zepplin, Floyd, Santana, Purple, Stevie Ray Vaughan though, B B King, Beatles, Stones, Genesis, Rush and Jethro Tull would be the top few. Impossible to choose one for me.

All the other rock stars are just jealous that Mick Jaggers contract has been honoured in full whereas they are all aging badly and can no longer perform as they did in their 20's. Still the contract has terms and conditions which will be applied in due time.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Personally Id say that Roger Daltry has more romance and musicality stitched into his troupe than Mick Jagger has had hot Mars bars but what do I know?

I can say with some certainty though that should there be a nuclear holocaust Keith Richard and cockroaches would the only things to survive.

Alex321

Veteran
Personally, I was never that keen on the Stones, I much preferred the Beatles. Other bands of that time I liked a lot - The Hollies, The Animals, the Kinks and a few more.

Top Bottom