So, yesterday I went to buy a suit.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Last time Mr M got a suit from M&S he had to pay for adjustments, wore the suit once and the "sewing" came apart so had to go elsewhere to get it done properly. Never been back.

Tin Pot

Guru
TM Lewin will fit and adjust.

OP
OP
jazzkat

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
M&S don't seem to be what they once were, but not much is these days.
TM Lewin seem to be an option. I might wait to see what/if the spring brings any different colours.

M&S don't seem to be what they once were, but not much is these days.
TM Lewin seem to be an option. I might wait to see what/if the spring brings any different colours.

Don't know how far you are from Manchester, but have you thought about seeing how much a bespoke suit (or otherwise) would cost?

For example http://www.tailorsinmanchester.co.uk/ or google 'tailors in Manchester' (or a town nearer to you) for more info.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mr wife bought me an off the peg suit and although the jacket ( a 38) fitted , i have the same problem with trousers around the upper thigh /ass area and the smallest off the peg they do is a 32 waist which fits around the legs but i she had to get them altered to a 30 so they didn't fall down .

Have you tried MOS BROSS suits or suits direct?

At MOS BROSS you can mix and match sizes of the same suit. I got a deal with two shirts, two pairs of trousers and a jacket for about £130 which made it good value but good quality too.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Boo hoo. Try going to a shop for a suit when your inside leg is 38"!

On a more serious note, there's the Asian guy (Raja Fashions?) who does the rounds of various hotels, measures you up and a couple of weeks later you get a reasonably priced suit through the post. Get all my suits from him now

On a more serious note, there's the Asian guy (Raja Fashions?) who does the rounds of various hotels, measures you up and a couple of weeks later you get a reasonably priced suit through the post. Get all my suits from him now

How dapper! ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdlr5aHFjIReOMwUtxTrJrOcoske1p1xAIMFq9bsdS5yjlXeRbVQ.jpg

OP
OP
jazzkat

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Don't know how far you are from Manchester, but have you thought about seeing how much a bespoke suit (or otherwise) would cost?

For example http://www.tailorsinmanchester.co.uk/ or google 'tailors in Manchester' (or a town nearer to you) for more info.
Hi, thanks for the link. I'd already seen his web site. I've done lots of googling for tailors and there are very few 'proper' tailors about these days.
I think I may need to start putting the pennies in the piggy bank.

Salar

A fish out of water
Got my last suit for a wedding from Suit Direct just before Christmas.
Was too small, but no problems sending back getting a refund and re ordering a larger size. Also if you google for suit direct discount voucher you'll find you can get up to 20% off.

Top Bottom