Social Media in a nutshell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

I'd broaden that to the entire PC climate that we live in - it's become tedious beyond belief.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It’s basically a Monty Python sketch for this generation. Nothing new.

View: https://youtu.be/sFBOQzSk14c

However, it doesn’t mean that people can’t take offence at certain things. people like Trump have made a virtue of causing deliberate offence and then claiming it is the other persons fault for being offended.

It's fair comment about Trump etc but in general I think the offended sensitivity threshold needs dialing down a fair bit. No problem with me re the genuinely offended saying their piece but there seems to be so much faux-outrage on display these days.

OP
OP
U

User6179

It’s basically a Monty Python sketch for this generation. Nothing new.

View: https://youtu.be/sFBOQzSk14c

However, it doesn’t mean that people can’t take offence at certain things. people like Trump have made a virtue of causing deliberate offence and then claiming it is the other persons fault for being offended.

Ironic as I am pretty sure John Cleese has been cancelled. :smile:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It's fair comment about Trump etc but in general I think the offended sensitivity threshold needs dialing down a fair bit. No problem with me re the genuinely offended saying their piece but there seems to be so much faux-outrage on display these days.
Trump seems to get very offended at the slightest thing.
See the British Ambassador as a prime example.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

It kinda depends really, often people with say something deliberately offensive to get a rise, then make out its the other person, who is being 'over-sensitive'..

Times do change, and what is and isn't acceptable change too, thankfully.

Bernard Manning, for instance, always was an @rse (IMHO) but nowadays he'd never get a slot on telly, with good reason.

I totally get the joke above, the group are being idiots, but sometimes people are definitely baiting, or punching down, for their own amusement.

Then, they make out it was 'only bants'
Because they really don't care that they've offended, someone with less power.

Otherwise known as good old fashioned bullying..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
For the record my dog is half black n half white Border collie, make of that what you will...

View: https://twitter.com/ladypalerider/status/1151121412960268288

Maybe that's why I prefer cats..
They just loll around watching you hard at work.

You can almost see the speech bubble saying "loser" coming out of their mouths.
IMG_20190718_115843_806.jpg

Dogs are just a little over - eager to please, for my tastes.

Before you know it, you'll be getting ideas about your overall significance in the world..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Trump seems to get very offended at the slightest thing.
See the British Ambassador as a prime example.

It's cos we don't get, just what a 'stable genius' he truly is..

Must be very frustrating for him, poor love.

Top Bottom