Social Network Cycling Websites?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I don't see the point of such things. Waste of time, imho. Facebook, Linked-in, Twitter... all a load of old cock!

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
i do, i was only asking if there were any other sites dedicated to Cycling.

I was aiming that more at cycology than you!

I have built a few websites, mainly this one

http://www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk

And I own the domain name www.twowheelsonly.co.uk and I am a big user of twitter and Facebook and obviously as I love cycling I've often thought about putting it all together but basically any new network links to facebook and is dependent on them.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I was aiming that more at cycology than you!

I have built a few websites, mainly this one

http://www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk

And I own the domain name www.twowheelsonly.co.uk and I am a big user of twitter and Facebook and obviously as I love cycling I've often thought about putting it all together but basically any new network links to facebook and is dependent on them.
Good name for a Site, It is difficult to get new social sites widely known! Even groups within the existing major sites are hard enough to get noticed, i moderate a group on FB and a Twitter page for a Local motorsport club, so i know how hard it is!. The other point of an exclusive to cycling site would be to get away from FB. Its too full of Sh*te at the moment! Don't know why i bother! haha

Night Train

Maker of Things
My point exactly! Its always better to know (or see) who you are chatting/sharing photos with! Rather than an odd avatar or a blank one!
On a completely personal level I would dispute this.

I find it better to 'know' someone purely on what they say and how they say it when there is time to consider what is written.
It takes away any prejudice, no matter how small, based on what you might think of a person based on their looks, or their real life situation.
I met Arch via this forum, I liked Arch and we got to know each other, then I had that 'Arch is a girl:eek:?' moment , then we met for the first time, then a few more times, and now we are going to get married.:wub:
Much more effective the trawling the photos on dating sites.:addict::thumbsdown:

There are a few people on this forum I really like and get on with whom I have never met, and know nothing more about them 'in the flesh' then their avatar, but I am sure we would still get on just as well in real life.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

On a completely personal level I would dispute this.

I find it better to 'know' someone purely on what they say and how they say it when there is time to consider what is written.
It takes away any prejudice, no matter how small, based on what you might think of a person based on their looks, or their real life situation.
I met Arch via this forum, I liked Arch and we got to know each other, then I had that 'Arch is a girl:eek:?' moment , then we met for the first time, then a few more times, and now we are going to get married.:wub:
Much more effective the trawling the photos on dating sites.:addict::thumbsdown:

There are a few people on this forum I really like and get on with whom I have never met, and know nothing more about them 'in the flesh' then their avatar, but I am sure we would still get on just as well in real life.
WOW! Great story. i'm glad things worked out that way. :thumbsup:
I completely understand what you are saying, its just i prefer to ''see'' who i'm talking too. If i'm honest its probably because this is the first time i'v used a forum on a daily basis. maybe my opinion will be swayed once i'm used to chatting with complete strangers! Everyone has been great so far...... :cheers:

Night Train

Maker of Things
WOW! Great story. i'm glad things worked out that way. :thumbsup:
I completely understand what you are saying, its just i prefer to ''see'' who i'm talking too. If i'm honest its probably because this is the first time i'v used a forum on a daily basis. maybe my opinion will be swayed once i'm used to chatting with complete strangers! Everyone has been great so far...... :cheers:

For me it is probably because I am on the Autistic Spectrum and a bit face phobic, don't like meeting people I don't know, or being in groups of more then one or two at a time.
But we are all different!:thumbsup:

It is a nice place here, overall, better then a number of other social or single interest forums I have been on.

Top Bottom