Social Network Cycling Websites?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You need to look in the particular sections of CC that interest you, for like minded folk Gaz... you'll just get irreverence in the Cafe!

Nihal

Veteran
Look,i'm loosing my time enough with one itself..........to think of another:wacko:

Edit:-"Cyclist" Social Networking websites,i mean..........

cycolo.gy

I run Cycology, which is a social network for cyclists - so there's one cycling social network at least!

Feel free to give it a try, and provide feedback via the big feedback button, top-right (if you're looking at this forum post in a few months or years, it might have moved...). We have a lot on our roadmap, so there's definitely more work to do, but you can post updates (and have them forwarded to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc), stay on top of cycling news, keep in touch with other cyclists, create a Cycology Page for a group you're a part of, or a cycling organisation you represent, and more...

And yes, though there's some overlap, a social network is definitely a different beast from a forum!

p.s. hope its ok to post this here - the question was asked after all :-)

Octet

Veteran
I agree, a Social Network is very different of a forum and in no way replaces it but instead is an additional 'tool' that can be used to connect cyclists together.
You can connect to people on a social network and then you use a forum (such as linking to CycleChat.net) for discussions.
And I am also working on one although it is currently still in the development stage. Hopefully the market isn't too saturated :tongue:

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I run Cycology, which is a social network for cyclists - so there's one cycling social network at least!

Feel free to give it a try, and provide feedback via the big feedback button, top-right (if you're looking at this forum post in a few months or years, it might have moved...). We have a lot on our roadmap, so there's definitely more work to do, but you can post updates (and have them forwarded to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc), stay on top of cycling news, keep in touch with other cyclists, create a Cycology Page for a group you're a part of, or a cycling organisation you represent, and more...

And yes, though there's some overlap, a social network is definitely a different beast from a forum!

p.s. hope its ok to post this here - the question was asked after all :-)
Cool, i've Just signed up to see whats it like. Thanks.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I agree, a Social Network is very different of a forum and in no way replaces it but instead is an additional 'tool' that can be used to connect cyclists together.
You can connect to people on a social network and then you use a forum (such as linking to CycleChat.net) for discussions.
And I am also working on one although it is currently still in the development stage. Hopefully the market isn't too saturated :tongue:
Let me know if and when its up and running. Good luck. :thumbsup:

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
The problem with using other social networks is simple and even the poster above stated it, in order for it to get exposure you tweet or post with Facebook...which begs the question why don't you just use Facebook?

Top Bottom