Socks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eldridge, i was in a sports direct in south london a couple of days ago - they had twin packs (ie: 2 pairs) of toasty type socks for £7, reduced from £10. Branded Gelert (fairly well known budget camping brand). I don't know how good they are but might be worth trying with thin sock inside.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Eldridge, i was in a sports direct in south london a couple of days ago - they had twin packs (ie: 2 pairs) of toasty type socks for £7, reduced from £10. Branded Gelert (fairly well known budget camping brand). I don't know how good they are but might be worth trying with thin sock inside.

Thanks Blue hills I will take a look.

yes, but are you talking about socks for very cold weather or just for general cycling?

I don't know those Bianchi socks but somehow have the feeling they aren't made for a mid winter commute.

I know too much about Italians and the importance they place on looking good.

I know Italians who consider it impossible for humans to cycle in anything like zero degreess.

Be good to hear about those

I cycled to work last week and went for a shower and the warm water hitting off my toes was ridiculously sore

gbb

Legendary Member
Karrimor merino socks, circa £6 . Ive been impressed so far but truth is, this winter and my modest mileage so far this year havnt given me a clear idea they are really good...which they may be ?
Previous 'proper'winters have seen me with hot aches, chillblains etc whatever I wore..including Chili winter boots.
I hate the cold, have no defense against it but one thing I have learned. ?.legs and ankes need to be protected, if your legs get cold, what chance have your toes got ?

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Be good to hear about those
Mind you these are on top of 3mm neoprene overshoes! I will report back though. First impression is they look and fit really well, we'll see how they perform.

I cycled to work last week and went for a shower and the warm water hitting off my toes was ridiculously sore

Top Bottom