Sod's law...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, I take the Claud Butler Urraco on hols, just to hack around, and I took a tooth brush and rag to do more cleaning. All good.
Pull it out of the car to finish setting up and go for a spin. One end of the front QR is missing...and a biiiiig split has opened in the rear tyre. RATS.

Down to Clive Mitchell in Summercourt and got all the necessary for £17.99, which is 2.5 times what I paid for the entire bike! Will shortly be fettling away in front of the tent...

Shame there wasn't room for the workstand...

:biggrin:

Old jon

Guru
Yup, can I borrow the workstand when you have finished with it please?
Sod hit me last May. Arrived in Brazil, bought a bike, had an off and broke my clavicle. Just about ready to ride again, but I go back to England next Monday . . .

Where my workstand is.

Re-shod, tweaked, and polished up that nice Star Trek TNG -style headplate.
20180807_152808.jpg
20180807_152720.jpg

Quick 2-mile shakedown, all well.
Saddle comfy enough to ride in ordinary shorts.
Pleased with it.
Tyres: original was supposedly 26x2.15, replacement is certainly as big but labelled 26x1.95...

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Consult Scotty.

The tyre cannae take it captain.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
. One end of the front QR is missing...and a biiiiig split has opened in the rear tyre. RATS. Down to Clive Mitchell in Summercourt and got all the necessary for £17.99, which is 2.5 times what I paid for the entire bike! Will shortly be fettling away in front of the tent...:biggrin:

You've gone and blown your bargain price out of the water now! :cry:
That's the trouble at the hardcore bargain end, anything you actually have to buy for it can double or treble the whole price!
My bargain Raleigh Highlander is holding steady @ under £20, and I'm thinking of taking it to work and rebuilding the BB and headset during a night shift. I've had my arm twisted to babysit some important equipment and make sure nothing goes wrong with it during the night for the next week, so a bit of bike maintenance will help pass the time! Plus there's a certain pleasure in getting paid to fettle my own stuff.

Did have the new tube spare. Bike is ready to roll, Camel Trail from Padstow to Bodmin and back tomorrow!
One thing it certainly does need is recablng from scratch, although no particular problems at the moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom