soft tissue damage- shoulder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good luck. I'm at the consultant on Tuesday for mine, but every GP and physio I've had have said I'm looking at an op, or possibly manipulation under general anaesthetic.

Either way, yoiks!

OP
OP
rivers

rivers

How far can I go?
Got my appointment moved up to tomorrow morning! And an offer of compensation from the other side, which, if I understood the letter from my solicitor correctly, I shouldn't accept and we should wait for all of the medical reports to come back (including from the medico-legal expert). Anyways, I shall be phoning her tomorrow to talk through my options and give the results of the MRI.

vickster

Legendary Member
Your solicitor is right. Do not settle until everything is 100% better (or the expert has said it's as good as it'll get). Thus you need to be sure no surgery needed or you are recovered fully from said surgery. Once you settle, that's it

If you still have issues, it's likely the expert will want to see you again in 6 months anyhow (or 6 months after surgery if he has suggested that as a prognosis)

Last edited:
OP
OP
rivers

rivers

How far can I go?
Results are in: subacrominial impingment and supraspinatus tendinosis. So no tear. Just a steroid injection, physio, and time. I spoke to the solicitor, and the report from the medico-legal expert is in as well. Based on both the MRI results and the medico-legal report, my solicitor says the offer is quite good, so I will most likely accept it (new bike time!). It was never about the money to me, just recovering costs.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good luck. I'm being chopped open for my subacromial impingement, because physio did nothing more than hurt me a lot, so I would be inclined to wait until you recover to ensure you don't need the same.

Top Bottom