Software purchase question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Ive put this in the cafe because i think it is a general question, but if it's in the wrong place then Mods please move it.

I have downloaded a trial version of some software (Adobe) and will probably want the full licensed version.

I can "download" it, or go on ebay and buy the cd/dvd.

What is the best way? If i download it and then change pc's do i have to pay again?

Alternatively i can "rent" it and the yearly cost is the same as the full licence, but then i keep paying, although i guess i get the most up to date version.

Your thoughts please.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Which Adobe title?

I'm about to sign up for their cloud licensing I think.

The trial version us the full version just missing the activation code. If you buy a disc no need to install just use the given code.

You can install on more than one computer but the license is for one user, eg YOU can use it in your home pc, your home laptop etc.

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Go Cloud. Completely up to date and totally movable. There is a weird bug with some versions of the updater on OSX Mavericks though.

The cloud photo pack is £8.57 per month for Lightroom & Photoshop. But i doubt if i will ever need PS.

Still tempting tho.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I once owned legit copies of almost the entire Adobe Creative Suite, I shudder when I think how much the licences cost compared to the price of Cloud!

I won a complete set of the Adobe Creative Suite in a prize draw five or six years ago. I got £950 for it on Ebay. I currently use the Cloud service as a verified educational user.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The cloud photo pack is £8.57 per month for Lightroom & Photoshop. But i doubt if i will ever need PS.

Still tempting tho.

I have that package and for me it is worth it as I do a lot of graphics work for peoples websites so I can make use of Photoshop, but if you only want it for Lightroom then just buy it I have seen it anywhere from £50 - £100 but be careful buying software from ebay as a lot of it is fake and you wont know until you get it I would have a look on Amazon first.

Top Bottom