Never been caught out with a number 2 during a race. However doing long distance TT’s and having to take on large amounts of fluids (depending on the temperature but can be up to 1.5ltr in a 100 and up to 5ltr in a 12hr) I invariably have to have a pee, especially at my age

Old school TT’ers used to tell me to do it on the fly but no matter how many times I tried my mind wouldn’t allow it, it was just wrong to piss myself. Trouble was it was costing me large amounts of time. One national 12hr I worked out I was stopped hiding behind a hedge for a total of six minutes over the day, costing me a podium. Then one year I had a breakthrough, finally having a jimmy riddle on the fly coasting going downhill. Only issue was I took a load of beetroot juice on before the race and nearly fell off when I looked down and saw what I thought was blood gushing down my leg