Solar panel kit for shed/greenhouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So i have just bought this power bank - which i think si a good investment as its portable power

166ah...which is way bigger than a leisure battery, has many outlets, built mppt technology and can be charged via solar. it gives me the USB outlets for the fans on the greenhouse, also gives me a 240v socket and many dc outlet sockets too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Lights sorted - got two of these coming. one will go in the potting side of the shed and the other will go in the bike/turbo side of the shed.

Splitting my 4mtr shed into two areas....one door opposite the greenhouse with 2.4mtrs x 1.5mtrs usable space. the other side of the man cave will be 2.4mtrs x 2.5mtrs for turbo training, pottering with the bikes etc etc with a double door entering from the front.

Will hook up the solar on the potting shed side and run the usb light through the wall to ensure i can use the light switch. May need a USB extension but got plenty of those in the house. Alo got a USB 3.0 High speed hub, so canfit multiple usb items to it, like fans, lights, chargers etc etc...

will then connect the 240v outlet to my soundbar to use spotify, amazon music off my phone when pottering around down there.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
with the rate elec is increasing not long..........also i have the money to invest now and may not have in the future and as its my money and not yours, its not really any of your business.

if i wanted investment advice or money advice i wouldnt use the diy part of the forum.
You state that you are trying to do this for the cheapest way possible and ask for help on a public forum, I merely pointed out that what you are doing is not the cheapest way go. You then throw your toys out of your pram yet again, I am somewhat surprised that anybody replies to your threads at all.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

You state that you are trying to do this for the cheapest way possible and ask for help on a public forum, I merely pointed out that what you are doing is not the cheapest way go. You then throw your toys out of your pram yet again, I am somewhat surprised that anybody replies to your threads at all.
No you didnt say that at all………all you stated was how money hundreds of years would it cost to pay back

and at the moment its all cost less than £200, from solar panel, lights and power bank.

And no toys were thrown, i just stated i didnt need your investment advice, which i am quite within my rates to state and now your crying like a big baby, cause you didint like my reply. I also think you need to read through the post again…..i cant find anywhere that i stated i wanted to do it as cheap as possible and the original OP didnt ask for advice either. I just asked to show me what you got and talk me through your set-up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

solar panel, leads and controller have now arrived, just waiting on the power bank and i may set it up on the weeknd if the weathers is ok

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So i have signed up as a member of the diy solar forum, lots of great info on there in set-ups, panels, inverters……..looks like a good project for me to work on through the year, while using the panel and power bank as i build a full set-up with batteries and pure sine inverters.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So as well as the swaney power bank that i bought ready for the solar set-up. I'm also embarking on a proper 12v set-up for the man cave and then power bank can be used up on the deck for the tv in the summer months ( yes it will power the TV (only 48watts and sky Box, contrary to what people previously believed) connected to the flexi solar panel, to keep it topped up as i use it.

So far i have got

100w Renogy Solar Panel c/w cables and mc4 connectors
20a Renogy SCC with bluetooth
130ah sealed leisure battery
10 awg battery cable - with m8 ring connectors
2 x 20a surface mount breakers
100mtrs of 15amp 2 core cabling
5 switches
12v extractor fan 100mm
12v 24hr timer ( for the fan)
fuse box ( 6 outlets )
fuses
fork connectors

so during spring i will partition off the man cave into two sections as my previous plan and start things off and add stuff as i need.......i can even get a 12v smart tv 32" for the man cave too if needed.....

OP
OP
J

jowwy

will be making up a switch box to turn the lights on and off from the house when all the outside lights are run off the solar set-up. Will save from using household electric for the floodlights at night for when we let the dog out in the garden…….2 x 10w led floodlights are damn bright and run off a 12v set-up.

Top Bottom