Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Well I think I have a winner, I have another company coming at 08:30 so unless they can do something 'extra' I have a mind to go with this quote.

4kw Solar Panel System (10 panels)
5.2kw Giv Energy Battery
Giv Energy Inverter

£9,746 there is an option to go to 450W panels for an extra £50 each

All the ones who have used Google Earth say they can supply 12 panels, all those who have visited say 9 or 10 panels, I still think it's expensive, that the installation costs are too high & I hate having trades in/on my house it's a trust issue I know.

I'm sure I could do it, but this way hope it gets done 100% right

is it a hybrid inverter?? or dont you want grid back-up??

D

Deleted member 26715

is it a hybrid inverter?? or dont you want grid back-up??

Yes it is a Hybrid inverter, you were also right the other day & I apologise, the new range, do maintain internal power in the event of a power cut.

jowwy

Yes it is a Hybrid inverter, you were also right the other day & I apologise, the new range, do maintain internal power in the event of a power cut.

technology chages all the time, i did lots of research on solar forums, before i even attempted my own set-ups just for the shed and office.

But residential solar is different, as it needs connecting to the grid for the feeback tarrifs etc etc.

But no probs and apology accepted......i know ive caused issues within the forum, but i was genuinly trying to help and i do try and stay away from situations on this site that may drag me into arguments.

CXRAndy

Guru
Well I think I have a winner, I have another company coming at 08:30 so unless they can do something 'extra' I have a mind to go with this quote.

5.2kw Giv Energy Battery
Giv Energy Inverter

All the ones who have used Google Earth say they can supply 12 panels, all those who have visited say 9 or 10 panels, I still think it's expensive, that the installation costs are too high & I hate having trades in/on my house it's a trust issue I know.

Work out the Watts per metre square. Sometimes you can squeeze an extra panel or two and get more solar from the roof by using slightly smaller but higher output (m2) panels

D

Deleted member 26715

Work out the Watts per metre square. Sometimes you can squeeze an extra panel or two and get more solar from the roof by using slightly smaller but higher output (m2) panels

The guy who came around this morning, is coming back later to physically go up onto the roof & get a proper measurement which is the first to do so. In all likely event if I go with them he will be the installer as well, or at least commission it, it's not just about cost, but I get a better feeling about this firm.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

5.2kw Giv Energy Battery
Giv Energy Inverter

Trades give me the fear of I’m honest . Always have done but I’m learning to trust more . Still been bitten though !

jowwy

Just had a quote for a system, double the size that i asked for….some companies are just in it for sale

D

Deleted member 26715

Well I've clicked the button to accept a quote, from https://www.wrightrenewableheating.co.uk local company less 3 miles away, only ones who took the time to come back with a set of ladders to actually go up onto the roof.

Quoted a 5.2kWh battery but when he looked at stock they only have 6.2kWh in stock so upgraded FOC guy who quoted said he'd come do the actual instal.

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 17.20.14.png

Lot of money hope it it lives up to expectations & they don't discount PV installs next year in the budget :laugh:

jowwy

Have a look at this quote……..its been sent to me by mistake i think, cause the name and address is wrong and they have quoted for double the size i asked for. The price for battery and invertor is over 2k more than i could buy it off the shelf

hes quoted for panels and relevant cable @£355 each………you can buy them for £149.59

Battery is 2.1k off the shelf.
invertor is 1.3k off the shelf.

C2CE1194-A1D7-4A9F-AADC-38959656C26F.png

kipster

Guru
Well I've clicked the button to accept a quote, from https://www.wrightrenewableheating.co.uk local company less 3 miles away, only ones who took the time to come back with a set of ladders to actually go up onto the roof.

Quoted a 5.2kWh battery but when he looked at stock they only have 6.2kWh in stock so upgraded FOC guy who quoted said he'd come do the actual instal.

View attachment 655585

Lot of money hope it it lives up to expectations & they don't discount PV installs next year in the budget :laugh:

That looks a good price to me.

CXRAndy

Guru

View attachment 655585

What's the warranty on panels, inverter and ancillaries?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I just got my first quote. This is for a system split on an East-West Roof. He said the battery would be 6.5 kwh but the quote does not specify that, so I need to check with them. I am thinking of adding a couple of extra panels (£350 each installed).

I just want to check with people, he said that a huge benefit is moving to Octopus and charging the battery overnight from the grid at 5p per unit. Does this seem right to you and do you think if the whole country starts switching to renewables that the tariff will still be available in 5 to 10 years time?

2022-08-04_09-46-48.jpg

jowwy

I just got my first quote. This is for a system split on an East-West Roof. He said the battery would be 6.5 kwh but the quote does not specify that, so I need to check with them. I am thinking of adding a couple of extra panels (£350 each installed).

I just want to check with people, he said that a huge benefit is moving to Octopus and charging the battery overnight from the grid at 5p per unit. Does this seem right to you and do you think if the whole country starts switching to renewables that the tariff will still be available in 5 to 10 years time?

View attachment 655675

can i ask what the first line of the quote is - its supply of system @ 4.32kwp........2.4k

but then line 3 - says 12 panels @350 each - 4.2k in total - also those panels are £96 each...........whats the other £254 for in the purchase cost??

https://www.renugen.co.uk/suntech-360w-mono-all-black-panel/

Milkfloat

An Peanut
can i ask what the first line of the quote is - its supply of system @ 4.32kwp........2.4k

but then line 3 - says 12 panels @350 each - 4.2k in total - also those panels are £96 each...........whats the other £254 for in the purchase cost??

https://www.renugen.co.uk/suntech-360w-mono-all-black-panel/

That was my thoughts too. Being double charged for installation. I think a lot of it is because supply is so limited at the moment and the companies can get away with it, from the quotes seen here my quote is not outrageous but when you look at the price for the parts it seems we are all being ripped off. There is a 25 year minimum production warranty included where they monitor the system and if the efficiency drops either replace parts or pay your electricity bill, however, will they/their insurance company even exist in 25 years times? The problem is, there is no way I can self supply/install as nobody will certify the system.

Last edited:

jowwy

That was my thoughts too. Being double charged for installation. I think a lot of it is because supply is so limited at the moment and the companies can get away with it, from the quotes seen here my quote is not outrageous but when you look at the price for the parts it seems we are all being ripped off. There is a 25 year minimum production warranty included where they monitor the system and of the efficiency drops either replace parts or pay your electricity bill, however, will they/their insurance company even exist in 25 years times? The problem is, there is no way I can self supply/install as nobody will certify the system.

yeh i do get that....but the mark up on those panels, inverter and battery is huge and it does look like a double install charge

Top Bottom