Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Alex,

Sorry if I've missed it earlier in the thread - what system is your install inc the pending batteries? Thanks

Installer was Tile Energy.

Panels are Qcells 390W (26 of them) [EDIT] - From Hanwha[/EDIT]
Inverter and other stuff is all Solaredge. Inverter is 10Kw plus power optimiser and modbus power management package.
Batteries will be LG 16KWH RESU

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
Most of them pay 3p/kWh unless you also buy your energy from them. We used a local independent company (GasWorld) which has been trading since 1981, and the installer lives on our street.

Octopus will pay 4.1p for those who don't have an incoming account with them.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
We have just had 15 x 370 JA Solar panels on the roof, with a Huawei 5kW Storage inverter and Huawei 5kW battery system.

So far so good.. I'm very impressed with the monitoring app, which shows almost real-time what the system is doing. I can see when someone switches the shower or kettle on from anywhere!

Yesterday we had a sunny day and generated 29.1kWh of which 30.48kWh was exported to the grid, and we were 97.39% self sufficient for electricity in those 24 hours.

Sadly we missed the sunniest part of July with it going live on 21st July. For the part of July when it was connected it generated 89% of our home electricity consumption.

I just need a bit of extra info to register for the SEG payments now. We are with E-on on a fixed rate which doesn't expire until next year, so our supply has to stay with them. It seems we can seek the highest paying SEG company though, so we can sell to another company.

Most of them pay 3p/kWh unless you also buy your energy from them. We used a local independent company (GasWorld) which has been trading since 1981, and the installer lives on our street.

can i ask what was the system cost??

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
That's cheap by today's standard.

I suspect my neighbour was generous. He did it all himself, the amount of work involved was more than I could have anticipated. A lovely clean job done though. Really impressed.

The next install he does on our road will be in-roof though, he said. He's left space for a car charger when we need one, and the battery is modular so we can pop another one on if we choose.

Huawei's Fusion Solar app is superb.

Screenshot_20220722-120549.jpg

Screenshot_20220802-154833.jpg

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'd try and not sell electric back to grid. Until folk get parity for electric generation rates. Keep it and use it for what ever you can plug in

It's producing plenty of surplus, even with our battery. Maybe worth getting that second one.

CXRAndy

Guru
Work out how much electric you're exporting to the grid and multiply those kWatts by what the electric company is charging you to supply peak rate. Then how quickly you could buy another battery 👍

Alex321

Veteran
I'd try and not sell electric back to grid. Until folk get parity for electric generation rates. Keep it and use it for what ever you can plug in

I'd rather get paid whatever I can than use it pointlessly.

Anything I can reasonably use I certainly will, but I see no point in using it up just for the sake of it.

Because their import rates are on the high side, I have been waiting to switch to Octopus until we get the battery installed, but when we do, their agile export rates are pretty good, and at times are as high as the import rates.

CXRAndy

Guru
I dont disagree with getting paid, but not peanuts for peak day time electric.
At least pay a fair going rate then people wont feel ripped off.

When electricity suppliers are charging 20p and more for peak kW/hr and paying 3-5p then that is taking the mick. Octopus do pay more and their agile commercial tariffs offer a better return.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I dont disagree with getting paid, but not peanuts for peak day time electric.
At least pay a fair going rate then people wont feel ripped off.

When electricity suppliers are charging 20p and more for peak kW/hr and paying 3-5p then that is taking the mick. Octopus do pay more and their agile commercial tariffs offer a better return.

exactly how i feel about the situation......we are investing in green energy at our own homes, feeding it back to the grid and get electric companies give back nothing for what is to them, free energy.

D

Deleted member 26715

Well I think I have a winner, I have another company coming at 08:30 so unless they can do something 'extra' I have a mind to go with this quote.

4kw Solar Panel System (10 panels)
5.2kw Giv Energy Battery
Giv Energy Inverter

£9,746 there is an option to go to 450W panels for an extra £50 each

All the ones who have used Google Earth say they can supply 12 panels, all those who have visited say 9 or 10 panels, I still think it's expensive, that the installation costs are too high & I hate having trades in/on my house it's a trust issue I know.

I'm sure I could do it, but this way hope it gets done 100% right

Top Bottom