Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
If you wait for the tech to be perfected youd never buy anything.

Don’t disagree ! I was more thinking of yield on north facing roofs or circumstances where the ideal elevation/orientation was not possible

Buck

Guru
Don’t disagree ! I was more thinking of yield on north facing roofs or circumstances where the ideal elevation/orientation was not possible

There’s a YouTube video from Oval Renewables where they are installing on a north facing elevation. I think it is a series so no outcome Data but may be worth a watch!

Hoping to get 33kW today , which would be a record ! It’s looking good so far ! Unfortunately with two strings I miss out a bit , one sides faces SSE the other SW. however exporting loads this month . Could be in the black for leccy over all !

Edit not going to make it bah !! :laugh:

I think our best ever is 30.8. I'd never have thought it possible to generate that much power from a roof. Crazy isn't it ?

Buck

Guru
Today's the day - they have started to fit the solar panels.

So far rails are up and they are starting to fit the panels on the rear of the house - side aspect to be done next and the electrical in the garage.
Fingers crossed all goes well and I'm happy with my decision/investment...

No doubt the weather will be poor for the next few weeks now ^_^

dicko

Guru
I apologise for missing out my question. Is it practical to have solar panels on a roof with a 30 degree angle facing north west?

Following your reply it seems that more accurate measurement are needed, which is definitely not possible in a phone call.

My neighbour across the road from me has all his facing NW with a 30-40degree roof.
He gets on just fine and as they were installed I’m 2013 he gets a huge chunk of £ with his FIT.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
My neighbour across the road from me has all his facing NW with a 30-40degree roof.
He gets on just fine and as they were installed I’m 2013 he gets a huge chunk of £ with his FIT.

Panels have now been installed, wired up and working.

The roof at the rear of the house is 113 degrees from south, which is WNW, with a zero factor of shade.

Top Bottom