Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
The app is still good in its own right

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
120kWh generated this month , which ain’t bad to be fair , even managed to top up the batteries during the sunny days. I am using the cheap overnight period to charge up, so nothing is 100% free. Will get a better idea this billing period to see what the electric cost is inc running the EV .

Alex321

Veteran
120kWh generated this month , which ain’t bad to be fair , even managed to top up the batteries during the sunny days. I am using the cheap overnight period to charge up, so nothing is 100% free. Will get a better idea this billing period to see what the electric cost is inc running the EV .

268kWh here this months, but for most of it, the battery has still been empty (down to 6%) before the end of the evening. Even generating that much, it hasn't gone above 70% most days.

Buck

Guru
Just 140kWh so far this month - it has been realtively poor but that’s 140 we’ve not bought from the grid.

We are also finding that our battery is getting depleted by early evening but we are managing to avoid the 4-7pm high cost period by still using the battery at that time.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I signed up to Octopus Flux a couple of days ago. They switched me onto the Import tariff immediately but said setting up the export tariff can take up to two weeks.
I had a play with the system on the first night and set a timed charge for the early hours of the morning cheap period. I noticed that it started at the correct time and charged at the maximum ( 6kWh ) Next time I will alter the charge rate to charge more slowly over the full off peak period. I thought I'd switched off timed charge but notice it charged again last night. There's an " save settings " button that I must have forgotten to click when I turned off timed charging.I also signed up to " Octoplus " though they haven't yet got enough usage history to set a baseline so I couldn't participate in the last couple of evenings saving sessions.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Octopus are running a 'Saving Session' tonight (17:30-18:30). Unfortunately we haven't had our export MPAN confirmed yet following our recent installation. Panels are going gangbusters this afternoon (after a bit of a slow start, given today's optimistic weather forecast...)

Alex321

Veteran
Only 168kWh this month, but that will pay for our Gas/Elec bill for the month and leave a bit over, so it's all good.

That's more than ours (109kWh), but we are exporting right now. With the battery charging between 2:30 and 5:00 we usually start the day with it full, and even at this time of year, a sunny day ends up with us exporting.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Octopus are running a 'Saving Session' tonight (17:30-18:30). Unfortunately we haven't had our export MPAN confirmed yet following our recent installation. Panels are going gangbusters this afternoon (after a bit of a slow start, given today's optimistic weather forecast...)

Yes, I missed three of the sessions because of the Export meter thaking 2 weeks to get on the Octopus system. Strangely enough the import meter was enabled immediately...

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
EDF just reduced our DD from £160 to £8.87 to reflect the fact that we have £850 credit (!) in our account and that we've massively slashed our electricity cost in the past fortnight since having the panels installed. As soon as we get our MPAN through, we'll switch to Octopus...

Tenkaykev

Guru
EDF just reduced our DD from £160 to £8.87 to reflect the fact that we have £850 credit (!) in our account and that we've massively slashed our electricity cost in the past fortnight since having the panels installed. As soon as we get our MPAN through, we'll switch to Octopus...

Don't forget to see if a friend / relative is already with Octopuss. They can give gou a referral code that means you will both receive £50

Alex321

Veteran

Don't forget to see if a friend / relative is already with Octopuss. They can give gou a referral code that means you will both receive £50

You can use mine if you like :smile:
crisp-owl-479

https://share.octopus.energy/crisp-owl-479

Top Bottom