***SOLD***17.5"/44.5cm Trek 7.1fx Hybrid bicycle for sale - £65 (Manchester).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
A great bike for the commute or general running about, works perfectly and includes mudguards so no wet bum if when it rains. Could do with a good wash!

upload_2017-6-12_12-46-39.png
upload_2017-6-12_12-47-45.png

• 700c wheels with 35c tyres
  • V-brakes
  • 3 x 7 drivetrain with mega-range freewheel for the steeper hills
  • Aluminium frame
Bike is currently fitted with a junior saddle so I will rummage around and find something more suitable for the buyer and also need to swap the pinned MTB pedals for something less aggressive as they can make a mess of your shins in an accident. I have some more sensible generic plastic pedals in the parts bin that will be fitted unless the buyer has their own pedals that I can fit for them?

As already said, all works well and ready to use. Nice cheap bike so you don't have too much worry about locking up outside in public places.

Bargain commuter only £65

Boring bit;
COLLECTION ONLY, from OL6 postcode just outside Manchester.
Cash on collection.
Sold as seen.

Any questions then please post here or drop me a PM. :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hmm, my stepdaughter might fit that and she is looking for a used bike ... I'm trying to get hold of her to see what she thinks.

PS I heard back - she is looking for a brightly coloured bike with a step-through frame! Oh well ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm interested. What need doing to it Skolly, anything?
Nothing really. It came to me from another forum member who had started to cannibalise it for his other bikes. I had to fit a saddle, pedals, tyres & tubes and some handlebar grips. Apart from the grips which are a rather excellent pair of ODI lock-on grips bought just for the job (£20) the other parts came from my used spares hoard.
I checked it over thoroughly and made sure it was set up nicely and all the bearings running smoothly. It was meant to be for my oldest son to use as a school commuter and general runabout but even after painting the mudguards black and then removing them it just wasn't cool enough for him!
It's a great bike and even he admitted it rode well and was 'fast'!
All it wants is a really good clean because I never did (more interested in function than aesthetics) and the tyres are worn because they are an old set from my commuter, but still have useful life in them.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Bike has just been collected by a very happy Mr Crackle and an even happier Mrs Crackle, who appears to have an eye on keeping the hybrid for herself :laugh:
I don't think I helped much by letting Mrs C have a go on Lady Skol's MTB either. She said she much preferred the GT to her quite expensive Cube MTB :whistle:

Come on Crax, you are going to have to open your wallet and buy her some 'proper' bikes. She will love you forever if you do :girl:

Cheers Skolly. Just back from a day out in sunny Manchester. Bike has been definitely claimed by son2, who likes it but needs to go for a ride on it properly. I'll probably make a few adjustments for him once he's ridden it more than around the block.

As for Mrs C and bike choices past and present, I'm saying nuffink! Decathlon and Evans were visited today as well as Skolly towers.

All in all, very happy with the bike and a nice day out to boot.

Top Bottom