SOLD: 1980s peugeot premiere -winter project 25" frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
a mid 80s peugeot premiere. Having heard people rave about even the basic entry pugs I decided to get one for restoration.

Lugless frame made of carbolite 103

Needs a complete strip and respray

Seat post and stem are free.

Frame looks solid but there are a few areas of rust around and on the rear stays and bottom bracket. The main paintwork is looking aged although the decals seem to be ok.

Has 700c steel wheels but they could do with replacing as they have surface rust and pitting. Both wheels would need overhauling if you where keeping them. Bonus is that the tyres look almost new but are a cheap brand 700 25c).

I bought it to do up but there was no size so I was disappointed when I measured it at 25" from top of seatpost to centre of bb. Joking aside I can't even get my leg over the frame.

Looking at offers around £45 plus £21.50 if shipping required.

Just ask if you want any other info or pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 64

ChrisEyles

Guru
That is indeed humungous! Otherwise, I'd be in there like a shot!

GarryG

Tempted, but think SWMBO would not be to impressed, even though I have sold 4 bikes this week after a clear out.

Just out of interest, do you still have this?

KneesUp

Guru
I passed my cycling proficiency test on a Premiere - it was so big I had to have the seat clamp upside down - have you tried that? :smile:

It was my first proper bike - I loved it. Mine was a 1985 and had plastic shifters so I suspect yours is earlier.

si_c

Guru
That's very tempting :S

I've got a pug roughly the same size which I was going to restore, but subsequent to crashing with it I've noticed that the front fork is badly bent. Yours is even the same colour...

Top Bottom