Sold - 56cm Overyburys of Bristol 531 ST Touring Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TTSS

Über Member
With the exception of my FS MTB, I'm selling all my bikes and numerous parts.

Quality touring frame from Overburys of Bristol with period parts from the 1980s. Built with Reynolds 531 "Special Tourist" tubing braze ons for rear rack and front low rider rack. Paint mostly sound but vinyl decals are a bit tatty.

Dimensions:

Seat tube 56cm c to c
Top tube 56cm c to c
Head tube 15.2cm

Chainset Stronglight 99 compact double with drilled rings
Rear mech Shimano XT "deers head" long cage
Front mech Shimano
Shifters Simplex retrofriction
Shimano wide profile cantilevers with Weinmann levers. The hoods are shot.
Maillard hubs on alloy rims.
Wide ratio 5 speed block

Will still make a lovely old school tourer with some tlc.

Collection preferred from the Hardwicke area of Gloucester I will post if absolutely necessary for an additional £30 but it will require a degree of re-assembly.

£195.00 or very near offer by bank transfer or cash on collection.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 5
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 4
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 5
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 5
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 5
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@TTSS i have been watching this on e bay and wished it was nearer to me . According to retro bike you only picked this up in the last couple of days such a shame to sell it so quickly

Last edited:
OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
You're both correct in a way. I'm not making anything out of it though. I've had to bin the brick of a saddle it was past redemption and weighed about 2kg!

I've put a nice San Marco Rolls on it that goes well with the paint scheme. It's the dark green textured one.

Mechanically it's spot on.

I think it needs new hoods and new tyres but that's it. The tyres hold air but there's too much cracking going on for my liking.

For anyone interested, it owes me £20 in fuel as it was the other side of Bath not Bristol.

Also owes me £25 for the saddle. With what I paid for it that's £190. If anyone wants to collect it for that price (£190) then they're most welcome but please don't ask me to post it.

I'd much rather it went to someone on here than through Gumtree which is where it is off if I have no joy by the weekend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
I also picked up a much nicer pair of long mudguards than the ones currently on it.

They are the same generation as the bike and I will throw them in with the deal as well.:smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
Or £160 without the saddle?

Top Bottom