SOLD - Boardman Pro SLR Carbon 2015 (Medium).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuffolkBlue

After getting some increasing neck pain whilst riding, my latest bike fit shows I am 1.5 inches shorter than last fit 5 years ago (getting old is a pain!). I have always been awkward and sized between medium and small frames and have owned both over the years. Despite attempts by the bike fitter and me to further fine tune the fit it’s time to accept that this bike is now too big and to go exclusively to a smaller frame bike.

I have owned from new. Well looked after and self maintained. Never crashed or dropped. It is cleaned regularly and in excellent condition. Very light and fast. Up until recently I have found it comfortable for endurance/sportive rides and I have enjoyed riding this bike.

Review and more details: https://road.cc/content/review/180536-boardman-road-pro-carbon-slr

Geometry: https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/boardman-pro-carbon-slr-2016/

Full Carbon Frame

Full SRAM FORCE 22 group set, 52/36 crank, 11 - 28 cassette.

Mavic Kysrium wheels currently fitted with 28mm Goodyear Eagle Sport.

Internal cable routing with new gear cables just installed (OEM 1.1 mm SRAM cables used). I’ve also installed Jagwire cable liners in the frame so it’s easy to route new cables

I have refitted all its standard components just as it came out of the shop with 100mm Stem, Boardman carbon seat post and Prologo Nago Evo saddle.

For sale WITHOUT PEDALS (just as it was out of the shop) but will discuss options for this with a prospective buyer if necessary. I will fit some appropriate pedals for a test ride if requested.

Asking £600, cash on collection preferred please.

RRP in 2015 was £1800. Most recent exact model that can see that sold on Ebay was in June at £700 and there are currently 2 listed starting at £700 and £800 respectively.

Located for collection only near Framlingham/Woodbridge in Suffolk (10 miles North of Ipswich).

Thanks for looking. Happy to take and send more photos if requested.

Boardman 1.jpg

Boardman 2.jpg

Boardman 3.jpg

Boardman 4.jpg

Boardman 5.jpg

colly

Re member eR
Nice bike. How tall are you?
I'm 5'8''

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
medium boardmans tend to be 55.5 top tube , im 5 foot 7 and and my 2 smalls i need a 90 stem so of course it might fit but i would say it would be too big ?

OP
OP
SuffolkBlue

SuffolkBlue

Nice bike. How tall are you?
I'm 5'8''

I was 5' 8" and was that height at my previous bike fit 5 years ago. I got on very well with the bike to start with but I suppose I was always at the lower end of the fit range. As I described in my opening post - I've always seemed to have been awkward and between frame sizes depending on the frame geometry. In the last year I eventually had to fit an 80mm stem to fine tune the fit. My latest bike fit measured me at 5' 61/2" (169cm) hence why I was starting to get uncomfortable.

@cyberknight is spot on - the top tube is 555 mm which in my opinion is quite long for a medium.

colly

Re member eR
My present bike l have fitted with a very short stem so l can sit a bit more upright.
I'm on me hols atm so I'll have a carefull measure of what l have now and see what's gives.

OP
OP
SuffolkBlue

SuffolkBlue

Yep. A bit longer than my existing bike so would really be a stretch too far.

Yep, sensible decision. At 5'8" I was at lower limit of fit at the time although it was comfortable for a few years and many miles. Assuming that as we get older we shrink in the spine then the reach/top tube length is where I've then struggled with the fit.

Top Bottom