[SOLD] B'twin Triban 3 60cm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
Selling due to upgrade, I'm sure this needs no introduction. Great first bike, completely standard and in great condition apart from where I had an off and scraped one of the shifters & damaged the bar tape. Does not affect the operation of the unit at all. 6 months old and it's done 400 miles or so, the wheels only 300.

£220 collected from St. Neots, Cambs or courier at cost.

Tony.

Attachments

• IMG_20130302_145728.jpg
    IMG_20130302_145728.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20130302_145705.jpg
    IMG_20130302_145705.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
outlash

outlash

also available in orange
bar tape damage pic, not a great image but you get the gist of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130302_145700.jpg
    IMG_20130302_145700.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 82

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Tony - you might be better off saying where you live. Collecting a bike from Ice Station Zebra is not for the faint-hearted.

puffinbilly

Veteran
I might be interested in this - I already have a Triban 3 but want another for a friend - could you post a couple more photos of the damage - I can see the scratches to the shifters but any damage to the bar tape looks pretty minimal from your second photo.
One further question - how come the wheels have done only 300 and the bike 400 - just asking 'cos the wheels are the item most often changed/upgraded on the Triban.
Look forward to hearing from you - by the way I'm a long way from St Neots so is a bike courier acceptable to you?

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Im off to Wisbech on Tuesday or Wednesday next week will be passing through St Neots on the A1M will happily collect this FOC for anyone who lives within my vacinity of Berks/Bucks/London area.

OP
OP
outlash

outlash

also available in orange
I might be interested in this - I already have a Triban 3 but want another for a friend - could you post a couple more photos of the damage - I can see the scratches to the shifters but any damage to the bar tape looks pretty minimal from your second photo.
One further question - how come the wheels have done only 300 and the bike 400 - just asking 'cos the wheels are the item most often changed/upgraded on the Triban.
Look forward to hearing from you - by the way I'm a long way from St Neots so is a bike courier acceptable to you?

I've boxed the bike back up but I'll try and get a better pic of the tape damage later on. Basically, it looks like a gash down the side of it.
The wheels have done 300 because as you pointed out, the wheels are often upgraded which is what I did. I'm keeping the upgrades though :smile:.
I'm happy to courier it, as I've said it's boxed up ready to go. I've never couriered a bike before, I've got quotes of about £50, I assume you could get this cheaper if you know who to use.

Im off to Wisbech on Tuesday or Wednesday next week will be passing through St Neots on the A1M will happily collect this FOC for anyone who lives within my vacinity of Berks/Bucks/London area.

Mark, that's very kind of you :smile:.

Tony.

OP
OP
outlash

outlash

also available in orange
Cheers for that :smile:

Courier companies use a calculation based on volumising the parcel you want to send.

This basically means how many smaller parcels could they fit into the space your larger one takes up.

So as Kins says, the more compact the better. I was once quoted £125 to ship a bike in the UK, but I had packed it in a full size bike box, (basically turned the bars and wheeled it in) :whistle:

Needless to say it got unpacked, the box was cut down and it was re-packed!

Don't forget also, if someone in Northern Ireland wants it, courier companies, (at least IME), do not consider NI to be part of the UK. In a nutshell once the package goes over water, (and I don't mean Putney Bridge), then the cost goes up.

puffinbilly

Veteran
Thanks for the photo - nothing to drastic wrong with the bars or shifter as far as I can see - I have used Paisley freight before so would advise him to use them. Just waiting on my mate to give me the ok to splash his cash .......:bicycle:

puffinbilly

Veteran
Hi Outlash - unfortunately my mate's still undecided (thinks he will just buy new) sorry to take so long to get back to you.

You shouldn't have to much trouble selling the Triban for this price - plenty go for more on Gumtree or Ebay.

Once again apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom