[SOLD] - Chas Roberts 56cm road/racing bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCCD

Über Member
Hi,

I have a Chas Roberts 56cm road/racing bike for sale.

Will get pics up later this evening.

Its a complete bike with the following spec:-

Dura ace 8 speed shifters
Dura ace brakes
Dura ace rear mech
Dura ace front mech
Biopace double chainset
Look spds (will also throw in a pair of cleats for these)
Ambrossio 19 Super Elite wheels with Schwalbe blizzard tyres

I'll also include a spare (used) 105 crankset and Bottom Bracket.

Price wise, looking for offers around the £375 mark.
May consider a p/x for flat bar commuter of good spec. It would need to be 52-54cm as I know the Chas Roberts frame is slightly too big for me.

Collection / view in Milton Keynes.
I can also get it couriered if someone wants it and can't collect.

Cheers,
Andy

brockers

Can't wait to see the pictures! (but also too big for me. I have munchkin legs, arms, torso....)

OP
OP
D

DCCD

Über Member
Hi,

I think the bike is probably circa 1996 (if thats when the Dura ace 8 speed shifters were last sold) . I bought it s/h in 2005. The Dura ace shifters were on it so that would give the best indication when it was built.

Condition wise, it's got the usual cable rub marks and the odd paint chip from wheel changes etc but overall is good for something around 10 years old.

I'm 5ft 7 and I knew when I bought it, it was slightly big for me (the previous owner was 5ft 9)... but I was only ever going to do rides between 60 - 90 minutes so it has never been much of an issue for me.

I'd say it would best fit someone between 5ft 9 and 5ft 11, but there's always room for adjustment.

I'm open to negotiation on price as I'd rather see it being used by someone than sat in my garage :smile:

pb63

Veteran
Thanks for the info. I'm also 5 7" so I think this will be a little big for me too. Shame, as I'm local ish to you as well.

Good luck with the sale. Those Roberts frame's are real quality.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Resistance is futile...

It can't be I'm peppered. Hnnnnnggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

OP
OP
D

DCCD

Über Member

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi,

Will measure tomorrow and let you know. Can you just clarify the headtube measurement you need - thanks.

Is the Ribble frame you have, this one:
http://www.ribblecyc...ame/RIBBFRAW220

Depending on price, could be a p/x deal :smile:

Hi

It's the sloping top tube variety in matt black, with Deda Black Rain winter forks (carbon). http://i35.photobuck.../Ribble/035.jpg
I still have the Mudguards too, if required.

RE: the headtube... it's the length from directly above where the forks are, to the headset (the section of frame that the steerer/forks go through). I would expect it to be something like 170mm or so.

One more thing please: Do you know what tubing is the frame? I can't see any obvious stickers from the photos. It it Columbus or a Reynolds, maybe?

Cheers,
SD

OP
OP
D

DCCD

Über Member
Hi

It's the sloping top tube variety in matt black, with Deda Black Rain winter forks (carbon). http://i35.photobuck.../Ribble/035.jpg
I have the Mudguards too still, if required.

RE: the headtube... it's the length from directly above where the forks are, to the headset (the section of frame that the steerer/forks go through). I would expect it to be something like 170mm or so.

Cheers,
SD

Just took some measurements:

Top tube 56cm (centre of seat post to centre of head tube)
Seat tube 56cm (centre of BB to top of seat tube)
Head tube 140mm - just the painted frame section (excludes top and bottom bearing fittings)

Does your frame/fork set have anything else with it?

Thanks,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom