SOLD: DBS Winner vintage road bike - 59cm - 10 speed - £50 - Dewsbury, West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This is a very rare DBS Winner road bike from Norway, dated approximately 1973, in a light metallic green. The frame has mudguard eyelets front and rear plus a selection of other Huret-style frame mounting points on the rear, possibly for a trailer. It's not light, but is a usable commuting / touring / vintage road bike. It's also got it's own integrated lock with key, plus kick-stand. Very Scandinavian!

Posted in the Vintage bikes forum when I picked it up in January - and yes, I got it for free. But then have spent far more on parts, with posts about it in the 'fettled' and 'bought' threads.
DSC00951.JPG

59cm / 23 1/2" steel frame with chromed forks, it has the following:

- 10 speed Huret derailleur gears (2 x 5) fully working with new inner and outer gear cables.
- One piece 50/42 crankset with chrome pedals
- Weinmann brake levers with Weinmann 750 Vainquer 999 cantilever brakes. New inner and outer brake cables with new brake pads. New brake hoods.
- 27 1/4" wheels with Atom hubs, 5 speed rear and an almost new spoke disc.
- New 27 1/4" Continental Gatorskin tyres front and rear, with wing nuts on both wheels.
- New KMC chain
- Chromed stem and drop bars with new white Shimano Pro handlebar tape
- Integrated bike lock with key
- Unbranded saddle and seatpost
- Bottle cage
- Kickstand
- SKS pump

This is a vintage bike, so has a number of marks, but is fully working having had new parts fitted in the last two months. It's far too big for me to ride and I'm needing to down-size my bike collection apparently. Or at least according to my wife.

The price doesn't cover the parts cost alone for all the new parts fitted.​

Collection please from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12.

DSC00952.JPG

DSC00953.JPG

DSC00954.JPG

DSC00955.JPG

DSC00957.JPG

DSC00956.JPG

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Great job doing her up, David!
Wow, the gusset plate rear dropouts are not a thing of beauty, are they? :eek:

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
its quite something that the key has stayed with it all these years

The bike looks to have been brought over by a Norwegian student to my university in the mid-1970's, used a little, then left behind. The DBS then languished at the back the university's 'lost property' building until a few years ago when it was demolished and moved to their bike workshop, where it also sat untouched in a corner.

I then picked it up from the workshop for a cake & biscuits donation to put back into use since they were also struggling for space.

I'm not sure it's done many miles, but has picked up scratches and lost paint over the 49-year time-span.

It's heavy, but all original (except tyres / cables / bar tape) and all working.

Last edited:
Top Bottom