*SOLD* Decathlon Riverside 5.2 Hybrid Bike for TALL Man - 24" Frame - £79.95

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£79.95 - Location Sheffield S7

Decathlon (Now marketed as B'Twin) EXTRA-LARGE hybrid gents bike in excellent condition.

This bike has had a full workshop service involving complete strip-down, cleaning of all non-sealed bearings and bearing surfaces including headset and both wheels, being professionally re-assembled. Wheels checked and trued on a workshop stand, and new cables used in the rebuild. Rear derailleur dismantled and cleaned, everything re-lubricated using good quality Pennine lithium grease and TF2 cycle lubes.

I normally test-ride all bikes before sale - due to the size I am unable to do this (however all work has been carried out on a workshop stand) so I will also offer a FREE service after 4-8 weeks, the same as you would expect if you were buying a new bike - that way if any little niggles / adjustment tweaks become necessarily you'll be covered

This is IMPORTANT. This is an EXTRA LARGE bike and is also fitted with a suspension seatpost which adds further height - it is absolutely impossible for me at 5'9" to even attempt to ride it so please consider this bike as only for very tall riders

• Standover height of the crossbar - 77cm (30 1/4") (If you can't step over this height you'll crush your vital bits coming forward off the saddle)

• Saddle height from the floor - 108cm (42 1/2")
From evaluating this bike before servicing it, I feel that this bike has not been a daily-use commuter but rather been used for occasional, but long-distance bike tours (guessing from the worn out handlebar bag that came with it, with French receipts lurking inside)

A 24-speed gear system with freehub rear wheel and details such as a light alloy stem and handlebar make this great for hills - this bike would make a super daily commuter or used as it has been before - as a leisure bike for country road and trails - 700 x 38 trail tyres are well suited for tracks such as around Ladybower / Derwent Valley, or along the Monsal Trail

The bike has a couple of minor scratches - nothing much and less than most old-school bikes of this era - they are pictured in the photos and have been treated with Kurust to seal against rust.

Bicycle Specifications

Frame Steel/Cro-Moly tubes 24"
Fork Suntour 700C suspension
Stem Alloy quill stem
Handlebar Alloy flat bar
Shifters Shimano 24-Speed Rapidfire+
Cassette/Freewheel Shimano 8 Speed Cassette
Chainset 42T Triple chainset, Square Taper
Rear Derailleur Shimano Alivio
Front Derailleur Shimano Acera
Brakes Vuelta Alloy V-brakes
Brake Levers Vuelta Alloy