SOLD: Garmin Edge 520 with OpenStreet Maps Navigation. Boxed plus Accessories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
Garmin Edge 520 plus accessories

The unit is in excellent condition with no known faults - it works perfectly and has had a screen protector on it since new. As you’ll see from the photos, the screen is in excellent condition.

I have also installed openmaps onto the unit and it is very easy to download GPX files from your computer which gives you the route map as well as turn by turn directions.

It will come In the original box with: -
  • Unopened instruction booklet (I guess that’s a man thing!)
  • Genuine Garmin outfront mount and Allen key(used)
  • Genuine Garmin Headset/stem mounts x 2 and plenty of elastic fasteners (unused)
  • Genuine Garmin lanyard (used) [I always use this to secure to the handlebars to prevent any slips/drops when removing from the handlebars!]
  • Genuine USB charging cable

Having looked at sold prices for similar condition units, I’m asking £90 plus postage (£5.10 for 48hr Tracked with Signature)

Collection is welcome from Huddersfield or can meet in the Bradford/Keighley area dependent upon my work plans.

Any questions, please ask!

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
An example of the map screens and route loaded. They also have audible turn bleeps:-

Last edited:
OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Hi, I've not had any issues with the battery life. On long rides such as the Cycle Chat Leeds Scarborough or Manchester Llandudno rides, I did top up the battery using a small power pack but that was more me being over cautious as i didn't want to lose any ride data!

The screen shot above shows the battery at around 50%? From memory, I charged the unit early last week and since then, according to Strava, I've done three rides with it totalling around 75 miles.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more information.

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
Ah good to know it can be charged on the move. The Garmin 25 I’m using can’t and it saved my ride half way through my 100 mile ride. So it’s not on Strava as a continuous ride 😡

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Ah good to know it can be charged on the move. The Garmin 25 I’m using can’t and it saved my ride half way through my 100 mile ride. So it’s not on Strava as a continuous ride 😡

Oh no! I would be a bit upset if that happened. I'm a bit OCD and do like to record all of my rides, short and long!

As I say, no issues with battery life and yes, great that it can be topped up if the need arises. Obviously using things like the having the backlight on full brightness and using maps will take more power than just logging a basic ride.

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Provisionally Sold

Top Bottom