[SOLD] - N-1 Clearout - Raleigh Pioneer Trail 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ivan Ardon

Another bike going to make space of this year's CTW scheme purchase is my Raleigh Pioneer Trail 3000.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113349527019735585183/Pioneer?feat=directlink

I rebuilt this one last year so it should be good to go for quite some time now, I've done around 1000 miles on it with minimal fuss, not even a punc*ure.

The frame is 4130 Chromo which I've had powdercoated in the cheerful blue colour you can see in the picture. C-C, the top tube is 22", seat tube 20".

All of the bearings have been replaced, and the new UN-54 bottom bracket should carry on doing it's thing for a long while yet. The cables have all been replaced, and it's got a new 7 speed cassette and chain on there.

The mudguards are SKS Chromoplastics, which are in good, rattle free, condition. The rear rack is one of Wiggle's finest alloy ones, rated for 25Kg. Levers are combined Acara shifters / V-brake levers which work fine - occasionally you may need to give the R/H one a nudge on the button to get them to change up fully, but that's not got any worse since I've had the bike. The stem is a tall, very short SJS stainless one which encourages a rather upright riding style which matches the B66 which I've got on there at the moment - which isn't being sold with the bike unfortunately.

Derailleurs are Acera which were replaced when the frame was done. Tyres are 700c x 35 Michelins which are refusing to wear out.

It's geared low enough to get me up most hills, although I will admit to pushing it up the hill out of St. Agnes last year while touring in Cornwall. The picture shows the bike loaded up on the Camel Trail, before I hit the hills on the North Cornwall coast.

I'd like £125 for the bike, not including the saddle, but complete otherwise. You can collect it from me in Exeter, or I can box it for you to arrange a courier to pick it up from me.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Where ?

OK, last question. Those dimensions, particularly the seat tube, are they taken mid point to mid point i.e. centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube?

OP
OP
Ivan Ardon

Ivan Ardon

I've been out with my tape measure to recheck the sizes.

Top tube, measured from the centre of the head tube to the centre of the seat tube is 22.5 inches.

Seat tube, from the centre of the crank to the centre of the top tube is 19.5 inches. From the crank centre to the top of the top tube is 20 inches. The seat tube extends another half inch or so above the top of the top tube.

Standover height is around 30 inches.

Cheers Ivan, seems the right size for me. I need to have a wee mull on it, so don't hold it for me or anything.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
FWIW, I have the "Pioneer Elite" - rock solid bikes - Ivan's looks to have had a sensible set of upgrades on it too (I've done the levers and brakes, but the drivetrain is still original).

Mrs Monkey uses my old one as her runabout now, and toured France & Belgium on it with me last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom