[SOLD] - NO LONGER FOR SALE Specialized secteur elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cnb

Veteran
For sale Specialized secteur elite 54cm.2010... Excellent condition.. Shimano 105... I made the mistake of buying the bike without having a test ride and now find that its slightly too large for me.. I asking for offers around £500.. I have only been out for two rides so this bike is as new...

Attachments

• 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    642.8 KB · Views: 110

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Nice bike I have the same one :thumbsup: I would have it myself if I didnt already have one.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I also have the same bike and use it for my daily commute. It's a good comfortable rock solid bike. Can fit mudguards and panniers if you wanted also.

£500 for a £1000 bike that has done minimal mileage is a bargain.

What size are you cnb for it to be too small?

OP
OP
cnb

cnb

Veteran
I'm just under 5'8".. I bought the secteur 54cm and it was only when i put it together that i noticed that it was a medium/large,54.8...This leaves me feeling a little stretched out...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm just under 5'8".. I bought the secteur 54cm and it was only when i put it together that i noticed that it was a medium/large,54.8...This leaves me feeling a little stretched out...

Did you change the stem for a shorter one.
I am also 5'8" and ride a 56cm Elite with a 90 stem and it fit's perfect.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I am just under 5 foot 7 and my 54cm fits me it can feel a little bit stretched on occasion so I flipped the stem and turned the shim to 8 degrees I am toying with the idea of swapping the stem for a 75 but I am not sure could just be me been fussy, but all in all it is a good fit.

That size frame should fit you fine I would have a fiddle around if I was you otherwise you are just giving away a very good bike which should fit you perfectly if you get it set up right. I know there is no way I would sell mine for that price.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies

Good Luck with it, it takes a while to get used to a new bike.I am only 5ft 9 and on a 56 cm Scott road bike.Initially I used a shorter stem but now I am back on the originalk 110 stem and very comfie.

Norm

I'm 5'11" and ride the 52cm Secteur, but I have dumpy little legs so needed to go small for the stand-over height. :biggrin:

IMO, on-line calculators and bike-fit advice almost always misses the central issue when considering which size bike to get.

The fit of the bike depends to a large extent on what you are doing with it. For instance, I should ride a medium or small MTB to give the best off road control. But, I choose a large frame because I tend to treat it as more of a day-long multi-surface bike (60 miles on a canal path) rather than something that I can throw at extreme off roadery. It will do the off road stuff but it's a bit less controlled when doing so.

Similarly, a larger frame on a road bike will (up to a point) be better for day-long comfort as you've got more room, it'll be more stable with a longer wheel-base, which also means it won't be as upset by road surface imperfections and the compact frame of the Secteur allows more stand-over room. Conversely, it won't be as responsive as a shorter wheelbase, it'll obviously be heavier, it might not be as good at climbing and you probably won't be using your core muscles as much as if you were in a more hunched position.

Basically, if you want comfort, go for a larger frame, if you want speed and power, go smaller.

That said, want to swap for a Secteur Sport? Also 2010, done about 850 miles, with a 52cm frame? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
CNB - I get the feeling that everyone is trying to persuade you, with good reason, to keep it.

potsy

Rambler
I don't think Norm is quite as keen for him to keep it as some others :biggrin:

Nice try norm, I agree, it sounds waaaaaaaaaaay too big for the OP, much better letting you have it :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom