SOLD: Orbea Gain (e-road bike)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Ok, ‘hunker down’ this may be a long one ^_^

This is the Orbea Gain D30 Shimano 105 Full Groupset. 2019 model bought in Feb 2019.
This is a 'small’ I was informed by the dealer that these bikes come up larger than some makes. I am about 5' 8 1/2" these days and previously always rode a medium (54cm) The dealer got it correct. There is still some upward adjustment in handlebars and seat and even more so downwards.

I am 75 in a few weeks and am stopping 'road cycling' with reservations, but I know my lovely wife will be happy.
Never fear, for the last 5 years I also have a great smart trainer (Tacx Neo) in a fully equipped 'Pain Cave' (shed) and I will hopefully have many more years turning the pedals in here.

i purchased this Orbea Gain new, it has been predominately a 'summer bike' and the smart trainer does 50% or more of my miles. This bike has completed approx 4,000 trouble free miles. The alloy frame is in great condition, you will struggle to find any marks or paint damage.
The bike has never been ‘grounded’ and I stopped riding up kerbs and buggering up my wheel rims 60 years ago !

The only ‘downside’ are the wheel rims. (see included picture) This is only cosmetic but it’s a shame because the rest of the bike is top notch. These rims were looking ‘tatty’ like this before the bike was a year old ? I hounded the retailer (LeisureLakes) and through them ?? Orbea but by this time the World and especially Spain were in the grip of the pandemic. Frankly I got nowhere and eventually gave up. No 5* customer service here !

My Orbea Gain has had the best of professional care, a full service once a year from my LBS.
Certain maintenance i will do such as:- There was a new Shimano 105 chain and a Shimano R7000 11 speed 11:32 cassette fitted in Jun. There was a new rear tye fitted on 21 nov. The tyres are the brilliant Schwalbe G-One ALLROUND 700 x 35mm. These are classed as “multi-purpose gravel tyres” I have ridden these almost exclusively on the road where they are lightweight, quick and secure. As a bonus they will handle tracks, not too demanding off-road and canal paths etc. As an added bonus the comfort of a 35mm tyre compared to a 25 or 28mm is highly recommended on our pretty poor road services.
With a new rear tyre just fitted I will include a new spare Schwalbe G-One ALLROUND 700 x 35mm in this sale.
A full set of top quality SKS rigid mudguards are fitted and included. As is a ‘legendary’ Charge Spoon saddle. Saddles are very personal I know, however I have used a Charge Spoon saddle on different bikes for many years. The fitted 'clip-in' pedals can be included. They are mountain bike type as opposed to road shoes. I may have some flat pedals ? to replace the clip-in's if you wish.

The battery shows no signs of deterioration, I have strictly followed the recommended regimen for battery care. You must be aware the mileage possible from a fully charged battery is so dependent on the rider, the terrain, the weather etc however I am prepared to say the battery will still perform close to or as good as a new battery. New batteries can eventually be fitted but will not come cheap.

This is Collection only (Just outside Richmond, North Yorkshire Close to A1M) however I have a towbar mount bike rack and am prepared to travel ‘a reasonable distance’ (north or south) to meet a committed buyer, public places only ie motorway services etc.

I have never sold here before but have a feedback rating since 2003 on ebay 461 @100% and can show my TalkPhotography sales/purchases should you wish references.

I'm nearly done (ahh I can hear you say) this imo is a great bike. I was/am a pretty strong rider, even at my age and this bike has been brilliant. It has allowed me to take on 30 mile plus rides in the unforgiving terrain of the Yorkshire Dales. Just enough ‘e’ assistance to help me up those 15% hills (they keep coming ‘at yer’) but doesn’t ‘take over’ and consequently ruin your fitness. However, if you want an e-bike to carry a 120kg / 18st person up Kilimanjaro I suggest you look elsewhere.

This is the bike as i purchased it, the current D30 (105 specification) is £3,199.00

i-v8ZdLXS-XL.jpg

i-2HjgrXG-XL.jpg

i-gpWzgbV-L.jpg

i-WrLmwhp-L.jpg

i-PXnCR3J-XL.jpg

i-ZV2NxVD-XL.jpg

i-gp7x3zr-L.jpg

There are more pictures in my Gallery Gallery Link

Price:- £1,450.00 (if you got this far thanks for staying until the end. :hello:

P.S This bike will be advertised elsewhere.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
And it's Orange ^_^

meckers

Regular
Ok, ‘hunker down’ this may be a long one ^_^

This is the Orbea Gain D30 Shimano 105 Full Groupset. 2019 model bought in Feb 2019.
This is a 'small’ I was informed by the dealer that these bikes come up larger than some makes. I am about 5' 8 1/2" these days and previously always rode a medium (54cm) The dealer got it correct. There is still some upward adjustment in handlebars and seat and even more so downwards.

I am 75 in a few weeks and am stopping 'road cycling' with reservations, but I know my lovely wife will be happy.
Never fear, for the last 5 years I also have a great smart trainer (Tacx Neo) in a fully equipped 'Pain Cave' (shed) and I will hopefully have many more years turning the pedals in here.

i purchased this Orbea Gain new, it has been predominately a 'summer bike' and the smart trainer does 50% or more of my miles. This bike has completed approx 4,000 trouble free miles. The alloy frame is in great condition, you will struggle to find any marks or paint damage.
The bike has never been ‘grounded’ and I stopped riding up kerbs and buggering up my wheel rims 60 years ago !

The only ‘downside’ are the wheel rims. (see included picture) This is only cosmetic but it’s a shame because the rest of the bike is top notch. These rims were looking ‘tatty’ like this before the bike was a year old ? I hounded the retailer (LeisureLakes) and through them ?? Orbea but by this time the World and especially Spain were in the grip of the pandemic. Frankly I got nowhere and eventually gave up. No 5* customer service here !

My Orbea Gain has had the best of professional care, a full service once a year from my LBS.
Certain maintenance i will do such as:- There was a new Shimano 105 chain and a Shimano R7000 11 speed 11:32 cassette fitted in Jun. There was a new rear tye fitted on 21 nov. The tyres are the brilliant Schwalbe G-One ALLROUND 700 x 35mm. These are classed as “multi-purpose gravel tyres” I have ridden these almost exclusively on the road where they are lightweight, quick and secure. As a bonus they will handle tracks, not too demanding off-road and canal paths etc. As an added bonus the comfort of a 35mm tyre compared to a 25 or 28mm is highly recommended on our pretty poor road services.
With a new rear tyre just fitted I will include a new spare Schwalbe G-One ALLROUND 700 x 35mm in this sale.
A full set of top quality SKS rigid mudguards are fitted and included. As is a ‘legendary’ Charge Spoon saddle. Saddles are very personal I know, however I have used a Charge Spoon saddle on different bikes for many years. The fitted 'clip-in' pedals can be included. They are mountain bike type as opposed to road shoes. I may have some flat pedals ? to replace the clip-in's if you wish.

The battery shows no signs of deterioration, I have strictly followed the recommended regimen for battery care. You must be aware the mileage possible from a fully charged battery is so dependent on the rider, the terrain, the weather etc however I am prepared to say the battery will still perform close to or as good as a new battery. New batteries can eventually be fitted but will not come cheap.

This is Collection only (Just outside Richmond, North Yorkshire Close to A1M) however I have a towbar mount bike rack and am prepared to travel ‘a reasonable distance’ (north or south) to meet a committed buyer, public places only ie motorway services etc.

I have never sold here before but have a feedback rating since 2003 on ebay 461 @100% and can show my TalkPhotography sales/purchases should you wish references.

I'm nearly done (ahh I can hear you say) this imo is a great bike. I was/am a pretty strong rider, even at my age and this bike has been brilliant. It has allowed me to take on 30 mile plus rides in the unforgiving terrain of the Yorkshire Dales. Just enough ‘e’ assistance to help me up those 15% hills (they keep coming ‘at yer’) but doesn’t ‘take over’ and consequently ruin your fitness. However, if you want an e-bike to carry a 120kg / 18st person up Kilimanjaro I suggest you look elsewhere.

This is the bike as i purchased it, the current D30 (105 specification) is £3,199.00

View attachment 621002

View attachment 621003

View attachment 621004

View attachment 621005

View attachment 621006

View attachment 621007

View attachment 621008

There are more pictures in my Gallery Gallery Link

Price:- £1,450.00 (if you got this far thanks for staying until the end. :hello:

P.S This bike will be advertised elsewhere.
Hi there….I’m very interested in buying the bike for an xmas present. I’ve just bought the orbea m20 for myself and now the Mrs wants one for xmas. Live in midlands, can travel to pick up. Hope it’s still for sale. Meckers

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Hi there….I’m very interested in buying the bike for an xmas present. I’ve just bought the orbea m20 for myself and now the Mrs wants one for xmas. Live in midlands, can travel to pick up. Hope it’s still for sale. Meckers

Yes, it is still for sale "meckers" and i would welcome a sale to a member of cyclechat. Only fair to inform you I have 2 interested buyers on ebay and have today received 1 offer. Here is the ebay listing ebay offer
If you can commit quickly, show proof of committment, (small returnable deposit if the bike is not as claimed) We can arrange for you to see the bike before you purchase.
You are more than welcome to come to my home or I will travel a reasonble distance (M1 service's ?) you can see/check the bike even ride the bike (security required) Please make a quick decision as i cannot 'stall' the ebay buyer beyond tomorrow.
I will PM you my mobile No and you can ring me with pleasure to tie up any loose ends.
Roy

Last edited:
Top Bottom