*SOLD* Pinnacle Stratus 1 Hybrid Bike, Alloy, Large Gents 5'10-6'1 - £129 Fully Serviced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pinnacle Stratus 1 (FW Evans brand) alloy hybrid gents bike in outstanding condition. 20" frame.

This is also advertised on eBay but if bought through CycleChat will donate the £15 eBay / PayPal commission fee that I would otherwise be paying to Friends of Ferals who do a fantastic job of trapping, neutering and rehoming feral cats around Sheffield - and I'll also offer a free 6-8 week service same as you'd expect if you were buying new, for when the new cables bed in, freewheel screws on a little further through pedalling etc.

This bike has had a full workshop service involving complete strip-down, cleaning of all non-sealed bearings and bearing surfaces including headset and both wheels, being professionally re-assembled. Wheels checked and trued on a workshop stand, and new cables used in the rebuild. Rear derailleur dismantled and cleaned, everything re-lubricated using good quality Pennine lithium grease and TF2 cycle lubes. It has has a test ride before being listed to ensure that it rides perfectly.

The cost of this "gold level" service is normally around £110 in well-known cycle stores

This work has been carried out by myself, ex-professional cycle technician / wheelbuilder for hand-built cycles (and current buyer for a cycle department)

The quality of this bike shows in that it hasn't been a "ridden once and left in the garage" machine but having been fully serviced is in great condition and should give many more years of riding. It's a great all-rounder bike, set up for commuting with mudguards and a rear luggage carrier but would be great for longer day rides. Megarange freewheel gives a nice low "granny gear" for heading up into the peak district!

The original chainset was the only area where Evans skimped on the specification with steel crank arms that had got scuffed and some rust from use, so a new Prowheel chainset with black alloy crank arms has been fitted.

The eagle-eyed may spot the lack of handlebar end plugs in the photo - I was waiting for them to arrive when I took the photos, end plugs are now fitted

Pin2.jpg

Pin1.jpg

Pin_Brakes.jpg

Pin_Chain.jpg

Pin_Downtube.jpg

Pin_Frontmech.jpg
Pin_Handlebars.jpg

Pin_Rearmech.jpg

Pin_Saddle.jpg

Attachments

• PinBW.jpg
    PinBW.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Bargain of the week for anybody looking for an ideal commuter or just a good bike

Top Bottom