SOLD Retro 18" Kona Caldera mountain bike, full XTR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm hoping to find a new home for my beloved Caldera, sadly rarely used and gathering dust in the garage. Currently in winter commuting guise with a Tortec rack, mudguards and marathon winter studded tyres, but will come with an additional pair of standard marathon tyres. To convert it back to off road use it just needs the guards and rack removed and suitable tyres fitted.

Spec:
1998 Kona Caldera chromoly steel frame, lovely geometry and a great ride. Some minor cosmetic marks on the frame that have been touched up.
Mazocchi Bomber Z2 forks, 80mm travel. Coil sprung, oil damped retro classic
XTR 3x9 groupset in good working order with a few scratches, includes seperate levers and rapidfire shifters and the original ground breaking parallel linkage V-Brakes.
Mavic X517 SUP Ceramic rims on M900 (the original and best :smile:) XTR hubs. Rims slightly worn in places but overall good condition for age.

This bike cost me a lot to build a few years back. I could get my money back stripping it and selling the components but I would rather take a hit and see it go to a loving home where it will get some use.

The bike is available to view, I'm based in the Suffolk area so give me a shout if you're interested. It raises heads wherever I've ridden it and I will be sad to see it go.

Priced at £750 but sensible offers will be considered, also advertised elsewhere.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Proper.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Have you put it on retro bike? Might be more interest in it from enthusiasts over there?

They can probably give you an idea of the likely market value too. It's a lovely bike, but the original £750 seems a bit high!

Top Bottom