SOLD-Shimano CS-S500 Alfine 8 hub built into a 700c wheel £70-SOLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
I am selling an Alfine 8 speed hub built into a Mavic A317 disc rim accessories include an Alfine single ring hollow tech chainset, 8 speed chain, all the bits to mount it on a vertical or horizontal drop out frame and the correct shifter for this hub. I bought this second hand and used it briefly but then moved on to another project. The wheel and chainset are in used condition all other parts are in nearly new condition. Collection from Accrington preferred.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Why can't that be on a conventional rim :sad:

fixedfixer

Veteran
Why can't that be on a conventional rim :sad:
For £70 it’s worth getting a conventional Mavic rim, line up the valve hole tape rims together and swap spokes on by one. Remove disc rim and then dish and true it. Probably less than an hour and you’ll keep all the spokes in the same leading and trailing positions. If you’ve not built wheels before that’s a great way to start :okay:

gaijintendo

Veteran
For £70 it’s worth getting a conventional Mavic rim, line up the valve hole tape rims together and swap spokes on by one. Remove disc rim and then dish and true it. Probably less than an hour and you’ll keep all the spokes in the same leading and trailing positions. If you’ve not built wheels before that’s a great way to start :okay:
Is the rear spacing the same for disc and normie though? I remember suggesting using a disc wheel on a normie bike and being corrected here before...

Top Bottom