Solo Stan - N Ireland to Australia

Discussion in 'Time Trial, Long Distance and Endurance' started by Sixmile, 22 Jun 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

I did the obligatory check to see if this trip has been mentioned anywhere else but don't see anything. (Please move if this is in the wrong area!)

I have started following this guys journey from Northern Ireland to Australia. Currently he is passing through Iran and has a blog that he is updating as best as is possible. I suppose I've added interest because he's from the same neck of the woods as me and also I have a touring and travelling itch that only gets minor scratching from time to time.

Details on him, his reasons and his kit all can be found here: http://www.solostan.com/

He's also available to follow on Facebook if anyone is interested in updates.

2. r04DiE

r04DiE 300km a week through London on a road bike.

Thanks, I will definitely have a read of that when I get time.

3. T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T Disc brakes - Stopping things since 1902

Not sure how I missed this thread first time round, I work with Mr Solostan :smile:

4. OP
    OP
    Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

Are you out the Carrick direction too then?

I followed his progress all the way and see how that he's back home and clocking up the local miles again. Is he, or did he, do any sort of event/talk about his travels?

5. T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T Disc brakes - Stopping things since 1902

Larne :okay: He didn't which is a huuuge shame. Came back, started work again like nothing happened. He does have things in the diary though but nothing he can't do reasonably within holiday time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice