SOLVED - Golden Cheetah: Not moving in workout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iamjones

I am a new Golden Cheetah v3.6 developmental build jan 2021 user trying to ride my smart trainer. To start with I just entered my CP/FTP. Trainer is connected BTLE. The workout time starts when I ride but no watts appear and I do not move. What have I not set up that is needed?

My trainer was on and awake before starting the app. My trainer is connected otherwise I could not start the workout. I have tried adding my smart trainer a second time.

OP
OP
I

iamjones

Ready to laugh? There were 2 issues:

1) Bluetooth was on, but the device did not have bluetooth capability. I found this out by going into the Device Manager and not seeing a Bluetooth section. Then I ran the bluetooth troubleshooter. The switch that turned on bluetooth also turned on airplane mode. I do not know why GC thought my trainer was connected by bluetooth and the play button turned green and played. Another lesson I learned was to look at my bluetooth connection light on my trainer for it to show connected.

2) Location was not on. Location on is required for bluetooth to work. See related post listed below.

Ya... Learn from my mistakes.

My other related posts are:
Golden Cheetah: Error log file for Win10
Golden Cheetah: Location settings required
Golden Cheetah: Not moving in workout

Last edited:
Top Bottom