Some bike tools are just PANTS!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a few pairs of old boxer shorts which have seen better days so I have been ripping them up to use as cleaning rags. Then it struck me that the wide elasticated waistbands would be just perfect for cleaning bike cassettes... :whistle:

Pants tool.jpg

Brush degreaser onto the cassette with an old toothbrush, then stretch the Boxerwaistaliser along the cassette and pull back and forth. It can clean both sides of a sprocket simultaneously! :becool:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

PS I hadn't finished there - that cassette is really clean now!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Primarni or Calvin
Those were probably CaLidl, though I do have some PrimAldi too. The latest batch were bought on Amazon. I think my boxer-donning technique has been to blame for the premature demise of the garments... I have been pulling them up and down by the waistbands, which eventually pull away. I am trying to remember to pull the main part of the garment instead now.

Old clothing is very useful for rags. The rags are reusable - I've even washed them for reuse.
I use much of my old clothing as rags. Sometimes by just continuing to wear it! :okay:

I have never thought to wash and reuse rags though... :whistle:

Being in Yorkshire im sure you put them back on!!
I do have some standards, don'tcherknow!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I tend to use old work shirts as rags, and have already discovered the collar, cuff and that thicker bit the button holes are in serve the same purpose, with the added advantage of being subject to less ridicule when you reveal this to strangers on the internet!

geocycle

Legendary Member
I’ve got a stash of old towels and the edges are ideal for cassette cleaning. The towel itself does a good Mickle method and ex washing up jay cloths are my frame cleaner while the old pan sponges do the wheels!

Top Bottom