Some cyclists dont value their own lives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...why on God's earth do cyclists go out in the dark, on a foggy morning, with no lights, no reflectors and wearing dark clothes??!!! Are they insane?? They must have a death wish.
Firstly it is dangerous for them and the drivers around them and it's also against the law. Sorry...I am as pro cyclists and anti cars as anybody, but these dorks just begger belief!

LLB

Lazyness !

mondobongo

Über Member
Just seen one go straight across a busy junction despite the fact he was in the left turn lane and had to swerve to get past one of the lightposts.

red_tom

I was waiting for a bus in the pitch black on Saturday night when some spoon on a langster waggled past (handlebars about 3 inches wide, natch) with no lights and wearing an outfit that seemed to have been made up out of a combination of spare parts from Disaster Area's stunt ship and carbon nanotubes. He was about as visible as Frodo with the ring on. The only thing I could actually make out were his expensively straightened teeth set in the smug smile that he flashed at me as he went past.

Twunt.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I think on this issue I side with the drivers. They have to have adequate lighting and 99% of them do. Riding in poor visability/night conditions is something that places serious risks on a cyclists life, why then do so many seem to ignore commensense ...and it's not just the Chaavy oiks of their MTBs either, it's often roadies and older cyclists....I just dont get it. Personally i am lit up like blackpool tower at christmas when i go out at night..even this afternoon I has all my lights on...as did most of the cars.

byegad

Legendary Member
Stupidity! Pure Stupidity!
The number of people who cannot put themselves in someone elses shoes and think how hard they must be to see is merely a sympton of the wider problem. Motorists who bully other road users with a ton ot more of metal, neighbours who make, through inconsiderate behaviour, their neighbour's lives miserry. It's all the same thing, a product of the me! me! me! generation.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I'm with BFTB,
I went past a schmuck during this mornings p'souper, she was all clad in black, no lights and riding one handed due to an iphone in her other hand.

little more than six quid for back and front lights at the local shop, if they're too tight to spend that they'll get what they're asking for eventually.
as long as no one innocent is hurt............
we had one who used a front light with red tape over it as a rear light and wondered why motorists kept blasting their horn at him.

Kirst

I went past 3 cyclists tonight with no lights on. I said to all of them "your lights are broken." One apologised.

walker

Some idiot was racing me last week all the way home, we came to a roundabout where I was about to turn right so I inidcated to turn right, idiot next to me almost got swiped by an openeing door coz he had no lights. Sometimes I feel like just pushing these twats over and say 'sorry, didn't see you' and this is south east London, where about 70% of residents don't even have a licence, let alone insurance

There's a bloke I "see" quite regularly on the ride home. It beggars belief that a. he's got no lights b. he's not wearing a single item of reflective clothing, c. he's got no road sense and d. he's actually still alive!:tongue:

Top Bottom