Some graphics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mart44

Über Member
Creating graphics using various drawing programs can absorb me for hours. Also restoring and colouring old photos sometimes. Maybe not so much a hobby as a bit of a pastime on wet afternoons:

0BB8UM4.gif

qqCwmUB.jpg

W16tdlD.jpg

OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
Just a splash of colour in a modern art sort of form.
Yqt9sZp.jpg

I call this one' Ball in a box' (what ese? :smile:)
aEjXnx3.jpg

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Some nice stuff there, Mart - well done. I do like to dabble a bit myself, using open source software. What do you use?

OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
Hello r04DiE - Thanks. The images aren't much compared to some seen around the Internet but doing them keeps me happy for a few hours. :smile:

I mostly use Xara Designer for vector images but have a couple of other programs too. RealDraw Pro was used for the joined up rings and the shield. Corel PhotoPaint was used for the photo restoration and colouring.

When it comes to open source software, I know Gimp is good for all bitmap (photographic) work and Inkscape is a very good vector drawing program. I have turned out vector images using Inkscape but tend to go back to using Xara or Corel in the end.

r04DiE

OK, that's good - I think you have done well and the main thing is that you are enjoying yourself. I am a gimp and inkscape man myself but it is always good to hear of alternatives. Keep up the good work. :okay:

r04DiE

Wow, that's amazing and you have made a wonderful job of that!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I can't do this kind of thing at all!
I occasionally visit deviantart.com to see similar talent to yours.

OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
Thanks. :smile: It isn't really a talent, more just a case of knowing the editing program and persisting with it until the photo is as good as possible.

There was a bit of guesswork involved, especially when it came to the area of the feet. So much was missing that I had to paint in new feet where I reckoned they would have been. :smile:

Edit: The man second from the left at the front is my wife's grandfather. I hope all those in the photo made it home and lived a long life like he did.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks. :smile: It isn't really a talent, more just a case of knowing the editing program and persisting with it until the photo is as good as possible.

There was a bit of guesswork involved, especially when it came to the area of the feet. So much was missing that I had to paint in new feet where I reckoned they would have been. :smile:

Edit: The man second from the left at the front is my wife's grandfather. I hope all those in the photo made it home and lived a long life like he did.
Good work! I did the same thing for some damaged WWII photos of my dad.

I use Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10. I mainly use it for doing simple graphics for the puzzle games that I am writing.

Top Bottom