Some graphics

OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
some impressive work here, what software do people use on iMAC
Not having a Mac, I don't know all that much about the vector drawing software designed to run on them. I know of a couple of programs that have both Windows and Mac versions though. Affinity Designer by Serif is installed on my computer. This has a Mac version too. A pretty good vector drawing program.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/affinity-designer/id824171161?mt=12

Inkscape is another drawing program that has a Mac version. I have also tried this on my Windows computer. It has quite a learning curve to start with but a very capable and versatile program. It's free too (unless you want to donate),

https://inkscape.org/release/0.92.4/mac-os-x/

OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
I drew this clock using a 'Xara Photo & Graphic Designer' tutorial. It took hours to do but I've had lots of hours to spare. The image is drawn with lines and shapes. Each little part is a separate shape that has to fit accurately to the others. There is no photographic content. It would take a lot of images to show all the stages of construction. The one below shows the finished image and the shapes that make it up ..but not the transparency and fill processes..
jv6wduB.jpg

OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
I drew a speaker (duplicated to make 2). There is no photographic content but a bit more work with toning and reflections would make it look like one..

wzrWLWf.jpg

OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
I did have the logos curved. They did kind of look better for it but on scrutiny, I couldn't actually detect much curving, so straightened them up. Maybe I ought to put a very slight curve on them just because the base does have a curve, even though the logos don't look as if they follow the shape on the actual speakers.

Edit: I have maybe done the logos a bit on the large size.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Heltor Chasca Bicycle Mechanics & Repairs 37
Top Bottom