Some graphics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
some impressive work here, what software do people use on iMAC

Not having a Mac, I don't know all that much about the vector drawing software designed to run on them. I know of a couple of programs that have both Windows and Mac versions though. Affinity Designer by Serif is installed on my computer. This has a Mac version too. A pretty good vector drawing program.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/affinity-designer/id824171161?mt=12

Inkscape is another drawing program that has a Mac version. I have also tried this on my Windows computer. It has quite a learning curve to start with but a very capable and versatile program. It's free too (unless you want to donate),

https://inkscape.org/release/0.92.4/mac-os-x/

OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
LgnhKY8.gif

yNA5UbT.jpg

OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
I drew this clock using a 'Xara Photo & Graphic Designer' tutorial. It took hours to do but I've had lots of hours to spare. The image is drawn with lines and shapes. Each little part is a separate shape that has to fit accurately to the others. There is no photographic content. It would take a lot of images to show all the stages of construction. The one below shows the finished image and the shapes that make it up ..but not the transparency and fill processes..
jv6wduB.jpg

OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
I did have the logos curved. They did kind of look better for it but on scrutiny, I couldn't actually detect much curving, so straightened them up. Maybe I ought to put a very slight curve on them just because the base does have a curve, even though the logos don't look as if they follow the shape on the actual speakers.

Edit: I have maybe done the logos a bit on the large size.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had been looking at drawing seamless tiles. There is a trick to it...

Let's say that the tiles are to be 200 x 200 pixels. Draw a 200 x 200 background template. Anything that is to cross the left edge has to be replicated exactly 200 pixels to the right. Similarly, anything that crosses the top edge has to be replicated exactly 200 pixels lower. If an object crosses a corner, you would have to apply the offsets to copies in the other 3 corners.

You can draw what you like within the template area. You could draw a set of tiles with different content in their central areas as long as all edges obey the tiling rules. Crop out the 200 x 200 pixel area within the template to make your tile. You could tile an area with a random selection of the tiles and they would match up seamlessly but look a bit less repetitive. If you made the backgrounds transparent then the tiles could be overlaid on any background of your choice.

I was going to do this for some puzzle games that I am working on but I discovered that I can easily generate random 'noise'-based backgrounds like these which I will use instead of tiles...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It certainly works. I can't see any joins.
That is a random fill generated by the computer! :okay:

I can tint it, change the size of the 'blobs', how random they are and so on...

I just got bored of looking at a flat coloured background or simple geometric patterns like stripes.

I'll see if I kept any of my experimental seamless tiles...

Top Bottom