Some Highlights and Lowlights from TDF 2021 (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some observations
  • Year for domestiques to shine as 3 crashes in the early stages took off out some stars, some teams and threw out the playbook.
  • Jumbo Visma despite its loss of team members including serious GC contender Roglic saw Vingegaard, Kuss and van Aert shines
  • Mathieu van der Poel casual demeanour, while winning a stage, wearing yellow and doing lead-outs.
  • Ineos despite an excellent showing this year, failed miserably across the board
  • Pogcar's body shape and form - fleshed did indicate that you need muscle and endurance and not just weenie weight.
  • Rise of the roulers across the team
  • End of a journey for one of TDF's outstanding stars - Froome and another TDF icon - Gripel
  • Cav took grabbed his chances with both hands when Ewan, Bennet and Ackerman's absence.
  • Alpecin-Fenix, a TDF invite delivered an exceptional bonus to their sponsors.
  • Rise of the Danes led by Vingegaard
  • Ben O'Connor unexpected Alpine climb and stage 9 win
  • Dominant non cycling TDF 2021 personality - Patrick Lefevere
Outstanding Highlight :
  1. Cav kept us riveted from the day his late inclusion was announced until the very end
  2. Pogcar spectacular decimation of his GC rivals in stage 8 in the rain soaked Alps.
  3. van Aert taking high-mountain, time trail and sprint with iconic Mt Ventoux being the most spectacular
Lowlight
  1. The girl with signboard
  2. Ineos with the highest budget and sponsorship

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'd agree with that and add my tuppence worth.

Highlights:
* The visible emotions of stage winners. It was so clear how much it meant to them - van de Poel, Cav and others all sobbed and I did too.
* Cav cav cav cav cav cav
* Cav's exuberant over-hugging of Alaphilippe made me laugh.
* Orla & co's commentary on GCN+ - really enjoyed it.

Lowlights:
* The shadow of suspicion over Bahrain Victorious really put a dampener on my TdF.

Top Bottom